VTEC scream

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sihatchback_RL

Hey guys, i just ended my JDM B18C swap into my 92 hatch. The problem is that the vtec scream is quiet. Shouldn´t it be louder? all i have is a short ram, chipped p28, and a high flow cat on stock muffler.

stock GSR's have fairly quiet vtec engagement- Mine is also very quiet, in fact, my IAB's are a bit louder from inside the car

if it's engaging just be happy

GSR or ITR, GSRs shouldn't be toabrupt, as stated, but the ITR wails like a banshee.

it sounds like my single z6. The only difference is that it hauls ass. i was upset a little but now I´m alright. time to get some cams then

:werd:

and also, WHO GIVES A FUCK if it's loud- Did you get a higher performance motor just to listen to the cam change?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 2 2004, 04:26 PM
but the ITR wails like a banshee.
[post=385363]Quoted post[/post]​

hehe :D
yeah it does :D

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 2 2004, 04:26 PM
but the ITR wails like a banshee.
[post=385363]Quoted post[/post]​

nfn's GS-R wails like a banshee... but he's done a bunch of stuff to his car. Once he's done escaping Hurricane Frances, I'll get him to post his mods. He likes to autocross in his coupe... although he's been having more fun in his dad's new shifter kart recently. :p

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 2 2004, 03:42 PM
:werd:

and also, WHO GIVES A FUCK if it's loud- Did you get a higher performance motor just to listen to the cam change?
[post=385375]Quoted post[/post]​

I gives a fuck if it's loud... thats pretty much the main reason I bought a CAI.

SOUND!

I blew by this house one day, (state highway) realized that that was my stop, turned around and pulled in the driveway, as soon as I got out the guy was standing on his porch and asked me if that was my car that was so loud as I busted past him. :D

i personally got a vtec motor because the cam change lets the car make more power

i don't give a fuck if sounds good or bad, as long as it makes good power

I dont give a shit what any one says, i did in a sence buy my car for Vtec, it was the better engine that had it so thats what i wanted (basicly). And no one here can say that popping Vtec isint fun, it makes the winding of first gear out 100x more fun. Ya know........... when your at a red light and your not 100% sure that ass hole next to you wants to fuck around so you kinda let first gear wind out and then you know hes going for it and you just mash it and bam Vtec and then your shift point. It makes me almost want to bust a nut, first the glorious sound of Vtec engaging and then that super fast shift point cause the R's hit 8k so fast.............personly i love it. It gives you something to identify with, IE Honda, i mean even the NSX is rockin a Vtec system nuff said right, i mean if its good enough for the NSX its good enough for my GS-R :p

not trying to hijack thread but how can identify the vtec sound ... Recently purchased a civic with ls/vtec swap ive never heard any difference in revving except it gets louder.....untill i hit about 5800 rpms the sound changes ..on the oil pressure thing i noticed just yesterday while having my exhaust fixed "rattled" that theres a fold in my oil pan could this be why i dont hear this Wonder called vtec

you should be able to hear a high buzz to you motor and feel a notice of faster accelleration. if you got good ears, you can tell the difference from the scream of a GSR, Type R and B16 and a single.

Originally posted by nismogod@Sep 3 2004, 03:44 AM
is the h22 cam change loud? damn hurricane frances. i hate it. grr.
[post=385528]Quoted post[/post]​

h22 is about the same as GSR...probably between GSR and ITR

Back