Vtec soleniod missing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Just got a JDM B16, and the Vtec soleniod is missing. I was wondering if the one off the D16 would bolt right up? Thanx for your help. :worthy:

Really? Cool.

It's the whole assembly, not just the soleniod. You know, the part that bolts to the head? Yeah, all that's missing.

yup youll be fine

Originally posted by scottp11@Jan 4 2004, 07:13 PM
Did you ever have a problem with JDM engines not having the Vtec soleniods? :shrug2:

Where did you get your engine from? If it was from somewhere online you could call them up and tell them that the solenoid was missing. If you bought it from the doood on the corner then you are out of luck.

Actually, I got it from a local speed shop called "SpeedFactory" in El Paso, so I'm not sure where he got it from, but it's a JDM engine... I'm gonna defidently ask him tomarrow, but if the D series will fit, then it's not a big deal...

Originally posted by scottp11@Jan 4 2004, 08:36 PM
Actually, I got it from a local speed shop called "SpeedFactory" in El Paso, so I'm not sure where he got it from, but it's a JDM engine... I'm gonna defidently ask him tomarrow, but if the D series will fit, then it's not a big deal...

I don't have any advice on the vtec but I can tell you that I highly recamend that you make that shop aware of your problem. Because I know in this buisness if you don't adress the problem ASAP then you may run into problems ( hopefully not) then they will not be responsible, or atleast claim their not. So I say go to the shop And let them know you did't spend 2000$ on an b16 vtec eninge it it on't even have a vtec. :angry:

they say that the old b16a the soleniod kicks in harder then the new one.. so if one is missing that may be the reason for it being gone :ph34r: !!!!!
if i am wrong tell me

Originally posted by civicext@Jan 27 2004, 10:47 AM
they say that the old b16a the soleniod kicks in harder then the new one.. so if one is missing that may be the reason for it being gone :ph34r: !!!!!
if i am wrong tell me

Solenoids don't kick in, they allow for an action to take place, such as opening of the channels to lock the rocker arms.

Back