Vtec solenoid valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SClude

Now that I've had time to work on the ABS I've ran into another problem. My ECU flashes the code for the vtec solinoid valve. It wasn't doing this before. It runs fine when going under half throttle, but as soon as I step on the gas it runs up to about 6 and then just kicks out, the code flashes, and the car starts running like crap. I've check, recheck, and checked again my wiring and it's set up right. I've redone the connections to see if that would fix the problem, but that didnt work. If anyone knows what could be causeing this or any ideas on what do to to keep testing let me know.

I looked all over the manual and couldnt find how to, but i pulled it off anyway and checked it out. looks real clean. so i'm back to square one. I hope it didn't descide to just die on me.

saturate it in brake-cleaner fluid ... shake it around.... etc.

Clean it out as much as possible. If it doesn't work check that the solenoid itself works by connecting it to a swithced 12v source... if it doesn't click when you send the power solenoid is bad... if it does... sucks to be you (wiring problem). :D

happy new year

yeah finally got home from classes and checked it out, solenoid works fine, i have it wired straight to the ecu, so i havn't got a clue why it's not working. i have a second solenoid my friend had from his car that i know 100% that it works and when i put it on the car it didnt work on the car. still threw the code, still runs like crap. ran new wire. runs like crap. basically i'm stuck and everything i've researched i've tried and hasn't worked, people i've talked to i've tried what they say, hasn't worked.

Originally posted by SClude@Jan 26 2005, 02:18 PM
yeah finally got home from classes and checked it out, solenoid works fine, i have it wired straight to the ecu, so i havn't got a clue why it's not working. i have a second solenoid my friend had from his car that i know 100% that it works and when i put it on the car it didnt work on the car. still threw the code, still runs like crap. ran new wire. runs like crap. basically i'm stuck and everything i've researched i've tried and hasn't worked, people i've talked to i've tried what they say, hasn't worked.
[post=451724]Quoted post[/post]​

recheck your wiring man...if you say that you used you friends solenoid and it still didnt work then that has to be a wiring or an ECU problem and if you said that it was working before and now its not the it has to be a wiring issue cuz i cant imagine that you ECU would just crap out.

yeha i'm gona try the rewiring for the 3rd time this weekend. mabe i just messed something little up that i overlooked, or even spliced the wire by accident. who knows. i'll post again on sat when i try it again.

If you are using plugs to connect your wires, then you should make sure that the wire is making contact with the metal connector. When I connected my plugs the wire part on the female part decided to go up over the insulated male part instead of making contact. I wish I would have taken a pic of it.

i know this sounds stupid, but have you been checking your wires for voltage or are you just rewiring thinking their bad? cuz mostlikely if you are just replacing the wire you might not be getting anywhere. Probably something with the ground is messed up and you'll just have to wire in a new ground.

Back