1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vtec Solenoid?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by xxk0ssxx, Jan 28, 2003.

1. xxk0ssxx

xxk0ssxx Junior Member

ok i got my D16Z6 head and the vtec solenoid didn't come with the oil pressure sensor so i bought one now heres the question. where do i hook up the wires from the oil pressure sensor, i know the one wire sticking out is for the vtec engagment but there are two prongs on the oil pressure sensor where do thos go please help. also its a min-me setup. have not started it up yet so don't know how many thousands of codes i will get thrown just prayin for the best. thanx

2. xxk0ssxx

xxk0ssxx Junior Member

also im running the pg7 ecu and i know everyone thinks the p28 is god but i was wondering if it would plug right in and since i did the dx to zc wiring changes would that affect n e thing as far as the pinouts>?

3. hybrid4

hybrid4 Senior Member

the black wire just grounds on the nearest 10mm bolt. i put mine on my thermostat housing. the other goes to a pin at your ecu. go to hybridhonda.com to get the pinnouts. as for the p28? it is a grey plug ecu. you would have to get a conversion harness in order to plug it in. im assuming your car is 4th gen. be carefull, make sure you can run the dist. with your ecu. you cant use a pm6 with a z6 dist. not sure if you can use a pg7 with a6.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted