1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vtec/w Turbo?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by beatuh, Mar 18, 2003.

1. beatuh

beatuh Junior Member

I'm lookin to swap... but i had heard somewhere that a vtec/turbo setup motor is bad .. cuz the vtec interferes? is this tru?... also my friend told me to just go NA with a high revin ls motor and sayin vtec is overrated... I would like a turbo'd motor for my eg coupe... but don't wanna break my wallet... so is ls/turbo a decent setup to hit high 13's or lower... and meanwhile be reliable enough for daily use?... any suggestions on a nice set up for just high 13's... I'm not lookin to be crazy fast.. just fast enough against a pretty much stock 99' gsx@14psi of boost

turbo = blowoff valve = psssssssssStT!! = :D

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

no

no

yes

its as reliable as you build it to be

if your just looking to get to the 13s the LS/T is a great setup to go with ... its relativly inexpensive, and somewhat easier to tune
    the GSR is still great for turbo but costs more... the acheivable HP #s are higher
    VTEC is great with turbo as long as you dont use the wrong cams (you want high lift short duration... NA cams are high lift long duration)

either setup will be very good
    i guess it depends on how much you want to spend

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

do a search for gsr/t and ls/t
    there was a great post comparing the two

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted