VTEC wont engage help del sol h22a4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can any body give me some suggestions to trouble shoot a vtec engagement problem
i have swapped an h22a4 in to a del sol using the stock sohc vtec harness the car runs good exe for the vtec dosent engage please help :worthy:

What ECU? Do you have enough oil? Are ALL your needed sensors hooked up and running? What CELs do you have?

Which tranny did you use?

P.S. sorry, I don't know why your vtec doesn't work. Do you have a CEL? If so, which code? Did you do your wiring correctly? Are you using a VAFC? Which ECU are you using?

oil is full, i have a p13 but using a p28 right now, all sensors are hooked up dosent matter what ecu is hooked up it still wont engage and throws the same code

The question about the tranny was not related to your vtec question... Sorry. You did not say which ECU you were using. I am assuming that your Accord started out as an EX, sohc vtec. If not than you had to run some wires right? one for the soleniod and one for the Vtec pressure switch and a ground. Did you do this?

Check your oil level. You know that Vtec works off oil pressure and if you dont have enough oil it wont work.

uhm................
only throws one code the vtec solenoid

thats probably a good place to start...?

and compare wiring for the P28 and the P13 and see if you need to switch wires...

my del sol started out as a sohc vtec and no i did not run any extra wires. did i need to? and i am using a p28 right now because i cant find the diagrams for the p13 to see if they do match :worthy:

Sorry, Del sol, not Accord.... My bad

What about your oil?

I'm looking for your P13 diagrams now.

checked the oil again and it was 1/2 quart low now i get a pressure switch code
i cant thank you enuph for takeing the time to help me!! :worthy:

Alright. For the Vtec pressure switch there should be a black/red wire going to a ground and a lt. blue wire going to the ECU which is D6 on the p13 ecu.

For the Vtec soleniod you should have a green/yellow wire going to the ECU which is A4 on the P13

I'm looking at the P28 now, hold on.

God damn, I finally found it. Alright...

Your vtec pressure switch should be going to C15 on your P28, and the vtec soleniod should be going to A8. Don't forget about the ground on the vtec press. switch either.

Hope this helps you. If you need manuals go to hondahookups.com/manuals. That's where I go, and it helps alot.

man you have no idea how mutch you have helped me i had the vtec pressure switch confused with a coolant temp sensor and the oil being a 1/2 quart low and now no more cods with the p28 now time get to work on the getting the p13 in

thank you so mutch :D
here is an article i wrote on the car and some pics befor the h22
http://www.dragracingonline.com/carcloseup/vi_3-rose-1.html

dude i had the car out last night (sat) and blew the doors off of a late 90's mustang cobra the guy's jaw dropped when he got on it and still walked away from him
Damn it felt good! I cant thank you enuph for the time you took to help me out :imgone:

Back