vtec wont work on b16 eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

i just swapped a jdm b16 into my eg. it didnt come with a map sensor so i t-d into a vacuum line and used my d series. my vtec will not work. i check for continuity through the wires to make sure there is not a break. i triple checked to make sure it was wired right. oil level is full and stays there. what could be causing this. also my knock sensor is not wired. would this cause it not to engage?

it slacks off above 6000 rpms. it runs just about a steady pull. and i drove it without vtec until today when i hooked it up and its the same and also it wont go over 115mph at all. my mini me with dx trans and dx intake manifold with 105300 cam would go 127

Last edited:
also it wont go over 115mph at all. my mini me with dx trans and dx intake manifold with 105300 cam would go 127

So? The gears in a D-series DX transmission are going to be much longer then a B16's transmission. You'll get to 100 mph much faster with the B16 transmission, but the DX transmission is going to be able to reach a higher speed overall. If you want to be able to reach higher top speeds then put an LS fifth in your B16 tranny.

Were you trying to drag race though? What do you need to be going that fast for anyway?

Back