vtec wont work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeh i know its wierd this guy had no clue what he was doin. But part of the harness breaks off and has a blue and black wire right by the vtec oil pressure switch. But it is a non vtec harness. I am so frustrated. Dont know what the 2 wires are for they are definently bot for vtec

most of the wires are the same. and the pin outs are the same for all obd1 engines and cars.

ok hooked everything up and i am pretty sure vtec is working. It doesnt pull as hard as my friends auto prelude, but this is probably because vtec is set for 6000 rpms and my gears are shorter right right? the extra wires were for my fan and hooked to where the thermostat is. thanks for all the help

if vtec is set at 6k it should be a pretty smooth transition. thats about where mine is (6200 on a custom tune) and i barely feel it...i can just hear it.

ok thanks for the help its definently working then. i can feel it in 2nd gear not so much first it is smooth.

I dont even know if vtec engages in first...i never felt it either, and the shift was so soon after the point that i dont have time to listen for it.

mine does kick in in all gears its not a huge pull but you can feel it but its slightly pointless in 1st as you shift a few seconds later. the type r dc2 throws you into the seat but the engine internalls are setup for a more aggresive action

Last edited:
more aggressive action? you mean that they have the crossover set too late and the power change is extremely noticeable?

Back