VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civicHB

Ok so i just got a 91 civic HB DX 5 speed and its in need of VTEC. My only problem is that i dont know what to take it off of and what all will i need to take from the car besides the VTEC HEAD!?

Originally posted by 91civicHB@Nov 11 2003, 07:37 PM
Ok so i just got a 91 civic HB DX 5 speed and its in need of VTEC. My only problem is that i dont know what to take it off of and what all will i need to take from the car besides the VTEC HEAD!?

:SIGH:

it's in need of a LOT more than VTEC. B16 it.

OH i would love to put a B16 in it but the money factor is not looking so great i got a lot of thing to pay for and a B16 isnt one of them..so im just going to deal with what i got and try to just make it quick for now tell i can afford it!

what's a vtec head cost, like 200 bucks or so?

you'd be way better off saving your money to get a new motor, dude.

Trust me, patience pays off. Go all the way or don't go at all.

save up, start with a nice 1.8 vtec block and go from their, it will cost less to run quick in the long run.

just go to the dealership and ask for 4qts of VTEC fluid thats all you really need

its about $15 per Qt

there might be places to get it online .... i havent really looked around too much though

s3fb3174ed4682.jpg

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 13 2003, 12:34 AM
just go to the dealership and ask for 4qts of VTEC fluid thats all you really need

its about $15 per Qt

there might be places to get it online .... i havent really looked around too much though

s3fb3174ed4682.jpg

that stuff is too expenisve, wal-mart sells an off-brand called VTAC you can get it for $7.50 a quart....

ive seen that stuff before ... i just wasnt too sure if it would be as good :unsure:

i kinda prefer to use OEM honda products when i can

well man i think a all motor 1.5l is pretty dope so if i were you I would get a d16z6 or d16y8 head. so go find a D16z6 or y8 head. complete with intake manifold, throtle body, all sensors, distributor, and what not. Then do an MPFI swap, if you get a y8 manifold sell the dizzy or trade for an OBD0 or OBD1 dizzy and then decide what OBD you are going to run, 0 or 1. it is a fairly cheap swap to do it will just take a lot of wiring work. people will claim it is a lot, and in a way it is, but it is not that hard, or it is not as hard as everyone claims it is.
good luck...

Back