Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Travis

Could you just make a switch to the vtec solinoid and kick in in when you want. I dont have any of my vtec wired ran. I want to solinoid to make sure it works. Is there a way to do this. because i dont have a vtec computer yet.

Thanks

Also on the sir1 which cam dose the vtec control the intake or exhaust cam? Or both??

Ok, the answer to your first question is yes, you cam. You run a wire from the solenoid to the battery, then get a switch from radio shack and run that wire from the battery to the switch. put the switch on the shift knob so you can use it easily. The second Question is the Vtec controlls both intake and exhaust cams. The thing to be concerned about is the lack of fuel when you kick Vtec in. Remember always run 93 Octane or higher. and get a fuel reg. to run a little rich. Other than that you should be fine. You don't have to wire for the Oil pressure seeing as your making a switch.

:withstupid: It is possible to run a switch to the vtec to control it. I have seen it done to a couple cars. One of my buddies said it was not good for the vtec but its just a switch and I believe that it would be fine.

Ok I took a wire with b+ to my solinoid and nothign happened. Can you do it at idle to see if it works. i hope my solinoid is not F-ed. if it is dose any one know if hmotorsonline warnities this??

Bro, when it comes down to wires I am retarded. I will unscrew as many bolts as it takes but all i know about wires is that sometimes the black wire is the ground wire (hopefully i am right). I have seen the vtec switch done but have no clue how to do it. Sorry man.

does any one know is i need to wire any thing esle besides the green and white wir on the vtec solinoid to do i need to power something else

ok, Vtec only works while the car is moving..... you just need to run a wire from the solenoid to the battery, then to a switch to kick it in.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 2 2003, 08:50 PM
Remember always run 93 Octane or higher.

91 octane or higher. Premium starts at 91 in most places.

:)

no, no, no, you gotta run a wire to the switch then to the battery, then when u flip the switch, hold onima draw a wiring diagram hold up.

NOT EXACTLY PERFECT BUT AGOOD QUICK ROUGH DRAFT.

s3fd9161d6dde8.jpg

It should explain what im tryin to say

then the other 2 wires go where ever they are supposed to

makes sense doesnt it?

it always made sense I just wasn't thinking, I tend to do that often. By the way you don't have to hook up the oil pressure switch though.

Anyone know where teh Vtec solenoid is on the b16a2? is it right by the cam gears?

s3fd917ce3a995.jpg

A little better, but you dont have to wire up the oil pressure wires I dont think.

O yea anyone feel free to add on to my beautiful diagram. if theres something wrong of course...Or if sdomeones got a professional one, that would be nice tocause when i get the lsvtec done I'll need this.

the switch? no, not really, it could hurt ur power if u let it kick in at like 2500 rpm, if you let it kick in at around 4500 it could improve ur power. All in all it should do nothing except possibly better ur gas mileage (if not used) and/or increase your HP. It also lets u control the crossover...when ever u want. The only bad thing is you have to turn it off when u slow down....u can always make push button switch which only transfers current while its depressed (would have to be in a very accesible place.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 11 2003, 08:30 PM
the switch? no, not really, it could hurt ur power if u let it kick in at like 2500 rpm, if you let it kick in at around 4500 it could improve ur power. All in all it should do nothing except possibly better ur gas mileage (if not used) and/or increase your HP. It also lets u control the crossover...when ever u want. The only bad thing is you have to turn it off when u slow down....u can always make push button switch which only transfers current while its depressed (would have to be in a very accesible place.

werd to all that...

Back