Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't care if I get a warning for this because you guys are F'n Retards!

VTEC is not NOS, it will not instantly boost your horsepower and you can F up your head possibly by doing what you are talking about

do any of you know how many different factors the ECU takes into account when engaging VTEC? Do any of you even know what VTEC does or how it engages? The reason there is a Vtec oil pressure SENSOR... not switch, is because in order for vtec to even work your oil pressure needs to be high enough

all of you might as well just start putting sugar in your gas tanks because I feel like it would be better for your engines than having you guys trying to custom wire everything

VTEC is two fucking wires! just run the damn wires and stop being retards

:werd: :withstupid:
Good luck screwing up your motors... What is the point of having VTEC on a switch? Is it not good enough to have it kick in at 5200 or what ever setting you have it at? VTEC comes in electronicly fro a reason, and to make it manual defeats the whole purpose of VTEC. Just do an LS swap and get over the VTEC motors if you plan to do this.

:withstupid: ....hey why dont u morons hook your NAWWZ to the same switch?!?!...plz atleast get an msd activator end set it to were vtec engages STOCK...and none of this bullshyt wiring ur vtec to the shiftlight....

well, i dont really know, but i have an ls swap, when i do put together the lsvtec ill most likely run the wires the correct way, i was just expaining how to do it withu a switch.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 11 2003, 08:30 PM
the switch? no, not really, it could hurt ur power if u let it kick in at like 2500 rpm, if you let it kick in at around 4500 it could improve ur power. All in all it should do nothing except possibly better ur gas mileage (if not used) and/or increase your HP. It also lets u control the crossover...when ever u want. The only bad thing is you have to turn it off when u slow down....u can always make push button switch which only transfers current while its depressed (would have to be in a very accesible place.

hmmmm

the switch? no, not really, it could hurt ur power if u let it kick in at like 2500 rpm, if you let it kick in at around 4500 it could improve ur power. All in all it should do nothing except possibly better ur gas mileage (if not used) and/or increase your HP. It also lets u control the crossover...when ever u want. The only bad thing is you have to turn it off when u slow down....u can always make push button switch which only transfers current while its depressed (would have to be in a very accesible place.

yea thats my opinion, if im wrong...guess i was...correct me, no big deal. BTW i'm not a big "n2o" (sp?) fan. I apparently thought that my answers were logicallly correct therefor i posted them. I also do not have a "vtec" and never had one and was assuming that this would work (sounds right to me). Let me know what the deal is casue when I do the Lsvtec this could be some handy information

Originally posted by seanjuan@Dec 12 2003, 10:07 AM
I don't care if I get a warning for this because you guys are F'n Retards!

VTEC is not NOS, it will not instantly boost your horsepower and you can F up your head possibly by doing what you are talking about

do any of you know how many different factors the ECU takes into account when engaging VTEC? Do any of you even know what VTEC does or how it engages? The reason there is a Vtec oil pressure SENSOR... not switch, is because in order for vtec to even work your oil pressure needs to be high enough

all of you might as well just start putting sugar in your gas tanks because I feel like it would be better for your engines than having you guys trying to custom wire everything

VTEC is two fucking wires! just run the damn wires and stop being retards

your a tard..... damn. He doesn't have a PR3 or PWO ECU right now. READ fool. You don't think I know how Vtec works? That's how I knew how to tell him to do this. Yes Vtec needs an increase in fuel, ignition timing, etc..... he can semi correct tjis by always running high fuel pressure and advanced timing. Good idea??...... Honda Technicians seem to say it's just fine. Don't tell me he'll detenate or any of that bullshit either. that's BS. Not staock for stock with the stuff were telling him to do, so like I said........ your a tard.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 12 2003, 03:21 PM
:withstupid: ....hey why dont u morons hook your NAWWZ to the same switch?!?!...plz atleast get an msd activator end set it to were vtec engages STOCK...and none of this bullshyt wiring ur vtec to the shiftlight....

:tfg: :fuckyou: are you a tard too? were not wiring to the shiftlight??? TARDCART ALERT

Back