VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No I did a D16Z6 swap on my CRX and I did DX to ZC wiring. Since I didn't swap the VTEC ecu with the harness i the only way to use my VTEC is to get the controller for or use a tachometer with the shift light to activate VTEC. I choose to use the a shift light but don't know how to wire it.

i THINK he means he wants to activate VTEC with an RPM switch

shitty idea IMO

fuel and timing will be way off

YoU aRe A wAsTe Of HuMaN sKiN aNd SpErM, d00d!

You should have wired your VTEC correctly in the first place.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 6 2004, 04:05 PM
fuel and timing will be way off

agreed, you should get an ECU that has VTEC on it, have a VTEC chip added
Vtec controls/ computers.

A'PEXi V-TEC AFC.
A great unit that piggybacks on the standard ecu that has a vtec option and fuel adjustment capability thru the whole rpm range. Not to expensive either...
Fields SFC-VTEC.
Basically the same thing as the A'PEXi unit. It allows for fuel and vtec control.

Zdyne.
You send them a stock CRX ecu and they reprogram it. There are several options here.
Cheapest is their One Wire Conversion. They basically just put a vtec feature on. This is a good option because it doesn't rely on any piggyback units to activate the vtec. The bad is that it's not an adjustable unit so you will need something like an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to lean or richen the fuel mixture.
The most expensive is the Gold Secu. It's fully adjustable. You can change fuel AND timing, move vtec activation, control NOS or boost etc. Very nice but prohibitively expensive if you're on a tight budget. A good investment if you plan on keeping the car or changing your setup in the future. It pretty much does it all.

RPM switch.
Very cheap, very easy...but you get what you pay for. You are going to have to get a fuel pressure regulator so you have some control over mixture. The adjustable cam gear is also a good idea because with this, the only timing adjustability you'll have is how far you can turn the distributor, which is (more often than not) not enough.
http://crx.honda-perf.org/articles/moremin...moreminime.html that sites for the mini-me swap, but the VTEC part applies to you

the vtec-enabled version of TurboEdit is in late beta now. I was actually going to try to test the thing out today as a final pre-release test.

Has independent tables like PR3/PW0/OBD1.
has support for boost, including 2bar/2.5bar/3bar
has direct support for Transtronics Romulator
alpha/beta support for PGMFI RTP realtime solution
has datalogging / map trace function

in other words, if you're willing to get your hands dirty you can have a really elegant solution to your current dilemma for very little money. Notice: I said "get your hands dirty." I.E. Learning, thinking, soldering, head-scratching. This is not a good approach if you need spoon feeding.

http://www.turboedit.org
http://www.pgmfi.org

Back