vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16civic07

Hi have been having a problem with my vtec. i have a b16a swap in my 95 civic ex. It was working about 2 weeks ago then all of a sudden it stopped last week so for the past week i have been trying to figure out why its not working. It woud engage and then not engae, then not engage at all. I took apart the selenoid and it was clean and i swa oil coming out of it. Can any body help me out?

Honestly, could be anything. Check wires going to solenoid, swap ECU with a known good one... follow troubleshooting flowchart in service manual.

i have a ps8 ecu chipped for the b16a its from phearable.net well i got told to strip the ground wire whihc i did but then i put the senor back on, could knock sensore be a prob? cuz it engages and doesnt engage it bothers the crap out of me.

does your car have enough oil? vtec will not switch over without sufficient oil pressure

yes its full what does the knock sensor cuz in sept i was throwing codes for speed sensor and knock sensor. would they effect vtec?

Yes ur speed sensor could effect vtec and could effect your speedometer from working...its the plug right above the tranny next to your vtec solenoid...make sure its plugged in...and make sure u have enuff oil!!!good luck and don't forget to rep

i have heard that a dented oil pan can cause VTEC engaugement problems
but since you said it works sometimes makes me think its electrical or the solenoid

iv just bout a b16a vtech engine but it has no crank sensore on it but my old b16a vtech does is it possable to take the crank sensor of my old engine and put it on the new one and how would i go about dooing so if you could help that would b great thank you

iv just bout a b16a vtech engine but it has no crank sensore on it but my old b16a vtech does is it possable to take the crank sensor of my old engine and put it on the new one and how would i go about dooing so if you could help that would b great thank you

Jesus...stop jacking other people's threads dude...

Back