Vtech light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpenguin

:worthy: I was reading somewhere online about how to put a vtec light in your car. To tell when your car switches in and out of vtec. I lost the page and was wondering if anyone know how to do it? I know its rice but you can bite me! i love my soy sauce machine!

Hey not trying to be mean but edit your post to say vtec not vtech... vtech is an electronics company. And i am pretty sure it would be simple to do maybe a wire from your ecu or something. But why would you want a light to flash when vtec engages anyway? Why are you fascinated with vtec so much you have to have a reminder that you have it?. I know when i drive i try to stay out of vtec cause it eats up my gas mileage. I shift at like 2700-3000 everytime and i am in 5th at 45ish cruising. :shades:

Edit: checked your profile and realized you are immature (your mom jokes???) and realized a person of your stature is fascinated with flashing lights.

Its nice to know when your car goes in and out o vtec. Its really useful when your racing the domestics. Not all of us are adept with our cars as others. When your in thet moment your not lestening for your vtec. atleast im not, im more concerned about whats on the road. As for my profile its called i dont know you people and i dont want you to know me

does it really matter when or who your racing? i mean honestly, is knowing when vtec engages going to change your shift points? is it going to make your car faster?

find out what your motors engagement point is (RPM) and then you can just imagine a little light going on every time you hit that rpm

it's really not hard to do though- the ecu sends an electronic signal to the solenoid when you hit vtec- tap a light into that signal and there you have it, 10-15 extra horsepower

Haha,
You really want to see the light? Do ya?

Go down your local highway at 110 and hit a tree. You'll see the light.

Seriously though, there is no need for you to have a light, doesn't vtec engage at a certain rpm. Ok then, glance at your tach and you'll know if vtec has engaged. No need for a light.

Thank you come again

this mod is considered "rice" but hey we all have our forms of it in our cars...just might settle right with some people. for example I had the hyperblinking turn signals on my 4 door....everyone thought something was wrong with my shit lol. I know its ricey..but i liked it. i wouldn't mind having a SMALL light come on in the dash when vtec hits, right there next to the CEL

i really could care less about a light blinking when hitting vtec,no matter if its for you to see,the person your racing, or just to impress your friends. i know when my car hits vtec you fucking know it

New for Honda owners is the Do-Luck VTEC Indicator. Encased in a 1.38inch' billet casing, this VTEC Indicator is sure to add a nice touch to your interior. The Ignition and VTEC colors can be changed to 7 different colors each, allowing you to coordinate the LED color with your instrument panels for 64 different color combinations. Do-Luck's VTEC Indicator can be installed to all Honda VTEC engines and can also be used in conjunction with other brand VTEC controllers.

Select from: Orange, Sky blue, Purple, Blue, Red, White, and Gren.

That does look sweet but im a more do it myself guy. why pay how ever much for that when i can spend 5-10 and do it myself. my mod may not look that sick but im trying to put it in and make it look somewhat stock. that is hella sick though!

I'd rather wire it to the ECU harness under the carpet for a cleaner installation, but that's me. Maybe I'll just push "talk" on the phone and watch the light that way.

this thread fucking sucks.

First of all, its VTEC. there is NO FUCKING H IN VTEC.

Second, you are on the wrong forum to be asking stupid shit like this.
go to stupidhonda.com for this shit.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back