VTM wire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey the apexi vafc says to hook this up if your vehicle has it. WTF is it and how do you know if you have it or not? Would it stop vtec from engaging correctly

:ditto:
i was sort of wondering that my self. it says on their website " Connection of the VTM wire will fix any problems you may of had" ok, so my idle air control valve is messed up is going to fix it? lol j/k. I have a non vtec harness--is their still a VTM wire in the stock harness, or is it a wire i need to run to the motor? I have a 91 integra b16a2 swap. my ecu is a PR3

Connect it, mine would cut out the vtec after 100 MPH in fifth, and then not engage it again till I shut the car off, and restarted it.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Jan 25 2004, 11:14 AM
Fair enough. But im just going to call apex and see exactly what it is!

Good luck, I never got a response. I called three different tuners and no one knew exactly what it was, only that it had to do with oil pressure and that it needed to be hooked up.

Based on my JDM prelude manual, the VTM line is a secondary signal which tells the ECU *essentially* "oil pressure's all good you may turn on vtec".

I had a HUGE problem with my fields, until I realized that I had to cut that wire and put the field's in as an intermediary. However, if you have a motor with the VTM your vtec won't work when the unit is off. (at least that's how it is with the field's).

Prior to correcting that little problem my vtec would come on, but I'd have a rev limiter of 6500 then when I dropped out of vtec range I'd still be on the big cam..

<_<

That's weird, my vtec worked fine, full rev and all, until 5500 in fifth (100mph) and then vtec would cut out. It would stay out until I shut the car off, and restarted.

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Jan 27 2004, 03:27 PM
Based on my JDM prelude manual, the VTM line is a secondary signal which tells the ECU *essentially* "oil pressure's all good you may turn on vtec".

I had a HUGE problem with my fields, until I realized that I had to cut that wire and put the field's in as an intermediary. However, if you have a motor with the VTM your vtec won't work when the unit is off. (at least that's how it is with the field's).

Prior to correcting that little problem my vtec would come on, but I'd have a rev limiter of 6500 then when I dropped out of vtec range I'd still be on the big cam..

<_<

Honestly I think I just spliced in it. I had the same problem a long time ago.. and I dont remember how I fixed it.. and now its doing it again. Im going to have to cut that wire. I bet you anything since I have it going to the sensor too... its actually confusing the v-afc. But Maybe I did do it right. Like I said though Its winter and snowing. Ill have to wait till its nice out.

Back