VW fails at electric car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
QXIfF.jpg

That is all.

A friend of mine took this picture out his window a few minutes ago.

EDIT: yes, I know I fail, it's a Ford Fusion.

soooo what exactly makes this a "fail" on the car manufacturer and not a case of user error???

do we know that this is an electrical fire caused by a defective hybrid system?

hybrid or not, there are a lot of ways a car can catch on fire that have nothing to do with being the fault the electrical system or any other part of the car itself

my friend tossed a cigarette out the window of his mazda protege (not a hybrid) and it came back in and landed in the back seat where it smoldered for a little while and then caught the seat on fire... he caught it quickly and was able to put it out before it got out of control... but he still had a hole the size of a grapefruit burned into his back seat

soooo what exactly makes this a "fail" on the car manufacturer and not a case of user error???

do we know that this is an electrical fire caused by a defective hybrid system?

hybrid or not, there are a lot of ways a car can catch on fire that have nothing to do with being the fault the electrical system or any other part of the car itself

my friend tossed a cigarette out the window of his mazda protege (not a hybrid) and it came back in and landed in the back seat where it smoldered for a little while and then caught the seat on fire... he caught it quickly and was able to put it out before it got out of control... but he still had a hole the size of a grapefruit burned into his back seat
And, that's why you shouldn't litter.

i love seeing in my rear view mirror the explosion of hot coals on the road at night when you throw a cig out the window.

i love seeing in my rear view mirror the explosion of hot coals on the road at night when you throw a cig out the window.

Me too, Its almost as distracting as watching the Rain-X at work on your windshield while its raining.

He was on track though. I throw my cigarettes out the window all the time. Except I extend my arm complete out and check to make sure that bad boy made it to the road.

He may have been on track, but it's not littering. It's called giving someone Job Security. :)

I always toss my butts down the window itself. Even if the wind does catch it, it won't bring it back up and in. I have had that happen twice though. I have holes in one of my pairs of shorts and a shirt to prove it. lol

cigarette butt out the window.....

Attachments

• photo_378715_resize.jpg
    photo_378715_resize.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 105
cigarette butt out the window.....

Cause everyone lives in the dry arid desert where it never rains? :confused:

Not too worried about it here, it's done nothing but rain for the past 2 weeks. Besides, its good for those inmates to get out and do some community service by cleaning up my trash. :)

Back