VW Golf GTI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont know man, my daily driver is an 03 jetta gls, it has the 2 liter motor and auto trans. my wife had to have the damn thing 2 years ago back when the only other car we had was my 05 civic lx coupe, which she made me sell later on. but all in all really the cost of maintanence on these vw's is just so outrageous and the auto trans is just shit, at 80 mph it sits at an annoying 4300 rpms and on a long trip that amount of noise can make you want to shoot yourself. plus that trans is just so soft with the combination of a gutless motor. also i have had like 4 headlights blow out and all of my tail lights went in around 1 week all together. i wouldnt recomend it unless your current honda is seriously unreliable. thats all i have for you now so good luck with your decision.

Yeah, it seems 90% of the people I have spoken to say it's a bad idea. We'll see how low the price goes =/.

38843145_8a83a0c677.jpg

There you go steve.

Not a fan :)

Nissan is the Ford of Japan.

Because I will be away from home, tools, and a spot to work on my car while at school. I will also be broke and busy as hell. Having a pretty much brand new car sure seems reasonable, eh?

well i could see that if you were going to garage the honda, but in any case i would still get an older honda... cheaper and easier/cheaper to get work done. i think you are looking at the wrong car for a reliable college car. you did ask our opinion...

:)

well i could see that if you were going to garage the honda, but in any case i would still get an older honda... cheaper and easier/cheaper to get work done. i think you are looking at the wrong car for a reliable college car. you did ask our opinion...

:)
I wasn't trying to flame you or anything, I'm glad everyone shared their opinion that I asked for. I was simply spitting out a variable ^_^

Don't buy a Golf. At least not that gen. I've heard horror stories about VR6's and about 1.8T's lighting on fire.

My dad has a 2003 I think? VR6, 6spd, he loves it, though of course he doesn't drive it to it's potential, nor does it really modify the engine in any way. It is a nice car though, I've driven it a few times and it's a nice ride. I know he also said that the only car he would trade his for would be an R32.

But, you're mentioning a 1.8t, and I know nothing about them. Sorry :)

Oh yeah, so my dad owns this car now. He's driving it now cause his diesel is raping is wallet. I might sell my car and buy it off him before I go to school :shrug2:

Back