Fellings about VW's

• They have a few decent cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like my Honda better

• I f@#king hate t

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had a jetta dohc with about 165hp but after a while you want more thats when I said its time to move on to a really car a 92 hb I killed the vw at the track now with almost 200 hp to the wheel hitting low 14's all motor but I will do better when i get my turbo next month

I guess if you want I car to get from point a to b vw is ok but if you want to really do something get a honda :D :D

I don't think that VW does any of their own engineering. They are part of the Audi/Porche/VW incest ring. Ever notice that all the "new" technology showing up in VW's has been standard on Audis for a while?

The way I understand it (I am by no means a VW guy so this could be way off) is that the old Bug engine was a de-tuned Porche engine. Ever wonder why the NA 944 sounds like a Bug when you put an exhaust on it?

I like the GTIs. I think they make a decent all around car. looks/performance.

One of my good friends has a GTI, upgraded turbo, intercooler, BOV, etc. Silver and badass. Good guy, get's a lot of chicks with that car though.

Originally posted by lsvtec Posted on Apr 30 2003@ 04:46 PM
The way I understand it (I am by no means a VW guy so this could be way off) is that the old Bug engine was a de-tuned Porche engine. Ever wonder why the NA 944 sounds like a Bug when you put an exhaust on it?

Or why the old 911 motors drop right into the old bugs.

I love old air cooled VWs. I want to be a true redneck and build a baja bug. Lifted beetle with like 31 inch tires.
New VWs kind of suck. My mom had a 99 Jetta GLS with the 2.0l auto. The thing was slow as shit. It also started burning oil by 40k miles. Within a 1000 miles of an oil change she had one quart left in the engine. They wanted to give us less for the car when we went to trade it in becuase of this. (We bought the passat at the same dealership that serviced it) I had to fight with the sales man for them to give us full value for the car.
My mom's new passat with the vr6 and awd is pretty nice. It doesn't have any ghey music when you put the key in. I don't mind driving it everyone in a while.

Back