VX Brake Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dorknut

Dorknut
Is it possible to get a break conversion kit for a 93' Hachback VX? If so, does anyone know where to buy one?

yep.. you can put 92-95 Si disc brakes or 94-01 Integra disc brakes... you wont be able to run VX wheels though.. you'd need a 15" wheel at least

you'd need the rear trailing arm, e-brake cables.. basically the whole rear suspension except for struts/springs.. i think you need a 1" master cylinder also

So I could just go and pick up the SI breaks at a auto parts store along with the cables and cylinder. Is this a common conversion for honda owners?

umm.. probably not.. i'd check out junkyards... thats probably the biggest source that'll have them other than hmotorsonline.com

So, I'm really looking for the whole break assembly off of a 92-95 SI

does the EG come with everything the DC comes with? I take it that you have done this before and I'm very thankful for your help. I'm also sorry for not being as cultured in hondas as you are. So all I would need to do is buy this kit and replace all four breaks along with the e break?

you only need to replace the rear .. the fronts are disc brakes already..
and no i haven't done this, but i plan to after i get my car painted.. its just been covered so many times its rediculous... search around this forum and it'll probably have a how to you can follow

wow, thanks. have the pictures ever worked on the site?

let me ask, I need to put at least 15" rims on the car for the conversion. but should I go with a 15" or a 16" rim. I've read a lot of stuff on the difference in power to the wheels and things like that. I was thinking about buying stock SI rims, would that be smart?

you only need to run a 15" wheel if you upgrade the front brakes to integra brakes.. but 15" wheel is ideal.. SI wheels will be fine

Back