w00T! Just ordered my new digicam!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR - Silver Body
rebel_xt_586x225.jpg

Coming with the kit lense 18-55mm. I also picked up a 2GB SanDisk CompactFlash Ultra II memory card. Can't wait to start shooting with this!!!! I'll start saving up for some other glass (I'd like to get a nice macro and wide area lense down the road).

w00t!!! :mrgreen:

Enjoy dude, I just got one of them and it's pimp as hell. The stock EOS 18-55mm lense sucks balls, but if you get an adaptor ring on ebay you can convert it into a decent macro lens. Here are some pics using ghetto macro conversions: http://www.flickr.com/groups/poor_mans_macro/. This summer I'm going to be picking up a zoom this summer hopefully (or whenever I can afford dropping $400+)

I hate you. :jealous:

How much? I'm rockin the Olympus C4000 SLR Like right now... I'd love an SLR... But dont have the money.

Dang, so now are you considered a "prosumer?" Haha.

Too bad I can't fork over 800+ for a SLR, my 3.0 mp Nikon will hold me over.

BTW, what do you use it for? Obviously taking pictures, but demos of your work or whatever?

Anyway, :worthy: on a faggot nice camera!

I am a freelance webdesigner on the side and a few of my clients warranted the purchase of a better camera (Products, Product Displays, etc.) as well as I am really starting to get into photography as a hobby. My Sony DSC-p10 just doesn't suit my needs right now as it was dropped (not by me) and some of the settings don't work any longer.

As for price, I paid 800 bucks for the stock Canon Kit (Body, lense, neck strap, etc) with a 1GB CompactFlash memory Card. I also picked up a 2GB Disk as well....

I'll be sure to post pics of the setup when I receive it :) as well as its first pictures...

My friend has one of those, he has gotten me into photography too, so I'm using his little fuji in the meantime, until I can affort a Nikon D50.

i LOOOVVVEEEE mine.

i need to get a 2gb Ultra 2. (i only have a 512 :cry: )

you are in a world of trouble though. cause now you are gonna need a good speedlight like the 550ex, and dont forget a few lenses.

i would recommend the 70-300mm IS lens, only $550 and hella telephoto with image stability. very nice. aperture is a little limiting, but no big deal.

Here's a few pics thus far, all post processed :)
[attachmentid=259]

[attachmentid=260]

[attachmentid=261]

Attachments

• washington_barn.jpg
    washington_barn.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 154
  • dartboard_large.jpg
    dartboard_large.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 638
  • image_017.jpg
    image_017.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 128
My XT is coming today! UPS should be dropping it off any minute. Did you get a kit or just the lens/body? I ended getting about a grand worth of extras free.

all there was, was a picture of some accessories, it never stated that it actually CAME with the extras...did you get a confirmation on it?

And I'd replace that microdrive asap, I've just heard so many bad stories about them going bad after only a few write attempts.

And wtf is up with all the call for prices?

I am looking at all of the items in person and everything is here except the extra battery which is on back order. I have not heard anything about the micro drives but they are under warrenty otherwise everything else looks good. Like I said for what I paid I am pretty stoked.

Back