W32 blaster worm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 14 2003, 12:20 AM
Be prepared to write any tool that you want. ;)

Don't get me wrong I love linux for people that are computer literate, but it is the absolute wrong choice for someone that barely knows how to use a mouse.

Brian, every PC that I have updated (prior to this worm) has not had a problem, are you sure the patch from MS doesn't fix it?

positive.

i patched our entire network on roughly july 25th-ish.... about a week after the patch was released.

then monday into tuesday, all hell broke loose.

it was probably somebodys laptop from home, but still- it infected all the machines again

Interesting, OFS (the department that I work for) has not had any problems with it, but the physical sciences lab (which did not patch) was practically down all day while they cleaned up.

well u can fix it at nortons website www.norton.com they have auto fix for it, if anyone needs help i can help you at jdmcrx89@vizionsracing.com, i do computer technician and i was flooded with this. you need to remove this from your registry and fix your dcon also. if not the next virus can easily exploit you.

I wouldn't call it nasty, the virus itself did not actually damage any data on the machine. Contagious yes, nasty no.

i love my 98 se

Riiiiight, FAT32, and the Blue Screen of Death >>> NTFS, Compartmentalized Process Management, and the enforced use of an abstracted hardware layer.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 15 2003, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't call it nasty, the virus itself did not actually damage any data on the machine. Contagious yes, nasty no.

i love my 98 se

Riiiiight, FAT32, and the Blue Screen of Death >>> NTFS, Compartmentalized Process Management, and the enforced use of an abstracted hardware layer.
:rolleyes:

:werd:

Back