WA road salt. rust or traction? i choose rust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouTube - Real Car Crash

last years snow in Seattle....

you'd think they would learn...

That's in portland.....

And I'm glad we don't salt here. Most towns just sand and its effective to use our cadillac.

My gf parents live in a very very hilly gated community and the infrastructure blows out there. They actually ran out of sand and the roads were too steep to plow.

The big problem in our area is there is a lot of snow on the ground, not necessarily that the roads are super slick. I have a few friends that are using their bobcats/tractors/etc to plow for money. Making a killing. like a solid 1500 a day for one person.

Last edited:
The big problem in our area is there is a lot of snow on the ground, not necessarily that the roads are super slick.

Head South. The closer you are to the foot hills, the worse the ice gets. At my house last weekend it snowed then stopped, and rained lightly, then froze. It did that on Friday and Saturday. Even with chains on my 2 wheel drive Blazer there were a few spots that I had trouble in. And thats on roads that get plowed and sanded or "de-iced". But you right, the amount of snow is a problem. My Blazer almost cant get outa my neighborhood, and my car cant leave my drive way. The wind dam under the car that cuts my ground clearance in half is nothin but a glorified snow plow lol.

yeah that was the best part

w/ the bailing, seriously, how bad can you get hurt from a 5 mph crash? maybe air bag issues. shes lucky she didn't bail and go under her car. and a guy behind her abandoned ship too, hangin' off his door like it was the MB commercial.

Head South. The closer you are to the foot hills, the worse the ice gets. At my house last weekend it snowed then stopped, and rained lightly, then froze. It did that on Friday and Saturday. Even with chains on my 2 wheel drive Blazer there were a few spots that I had trouble in. And thats on roads that get plowed and sanded or "de-iced". But you right, the amount of snow is a problem. My Blazer almost cant get outa my neighborhood, and my car cant leave my drive way. The wind dam under the car that cuts my ground clearance in half is nothin but a glorified snow plow lol.

I live in Bellingham. On the ocean with steep hills. Below freezing for 2 weeks now.

you can always tell the people who arent from a snow area ;)

snow driving is fun especially after 8pm (that seems to be the magic time when all the people who shouldnt be out driving in the snow have all gotten the hell off the roads, leaving them open to people who want to drive around playing in the snow and plow trucks)

There is a huge difference between snow/slushy snow and a flat out ice skating rink. Both videos Clayton posted the roads were just one big sheet of ice with snow covering it. I don't mind driving through the snow and slush, i take it easy and just take my time. But last thursday we had an ice storm and it doesn't matter what kind of tires you have, you're not going to find any traction whatsoever unless it's legal to drive with studded tires where you live. Even then there is still no point in being out.

:lol: My gf was raised in Omaha, she's a champ at driving in the snow.

I don't think many people understand that if they get into or nearly get into an accident getting out of their driveway they should not be on the roads.

I can drive fine in the snow, even with tires that turn to plastic. Cause I have common sense I know where my traction stops and stay far away from that. If it means taking back roads all the way to work so be it. 10 mph is hella better than walking. The buses here get so crowded when it snows so... i'd rather drive 15 miles through neighborhood than ride a bus hehe

i live in florida... We dont have ice on the road problems...

I don't think many people understand that if they get into or nearly get into an accident getting out of their driveway they should not be on the roads.

I can drive fine in the snow, even with tires that turn to plastic. Cause I have common sense I know where my traction stops and stay far away from that. If it means taking back roads all the way to work so be it. 10 mph is hella better than walking. The buses here get so crowded when it snows so... i'd rather drive 15 miles through neighborhood than ride a bus hehe

See, I'm the same way. I can drive my scion in the snow for the most part. But when there is 18 inches of fresh on the road and the main arterials are plowed but not the side streets, the entrances build up with a lot of snow and its nearly impossible to get in and out of the side streets.

Back