Wachovia is about to get taken over

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welcome to last week. lol

wamu, wachovia... and there's a couple others that are pretty damn rocky.

wachovia and morgan stanley are trying to merge.

WAMU was bought out by the govn't and resold to jpmorgan. Big news for us. My dad manages his company using wamu for a payroll and purchasing system. He has a little under 100k in the bank so he's fine but shit might hit the fan if there is a suspension on funds for a while.\

EDIT: Citigroup is buying wachovia

Last edited:
anyone else see this as an easy excuse to consolidate all the banks without having to worry about anti-trust regulations?

anyone else see this as an easy excuse to consolidate all the banks without having to worry about anti-trust regulations?

We had a big discussion of this in my strategic analysis management class the other day. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

gov't created the anti-trust laws....

it's not like many of these are combining... they are failing.

2 companies at 30% is still less than 1 company at 100%

I'm surprised Wachovia is losing money with all the customers they dick over/steal money from.

The government makes and writes the laws, therefore knowing where all the loop holes are at.

Which means they can get away with all the stuff that anyone without any legal know-how would be criticised or even put in jail or prison for.

They also sometimes literally get away with murder.

The CIA does the shit all the time, all on our tax money.

That was kind of off topic but it's been on my mind and i had to get it out there.

The government makes and writes the laws, therefore knowing where all the loop holes are at.

Which means they can get away with all the stuff that anyone without any legal know-how would be criticised or even put in jail or prison for.

They also sometimes literally get away with murder.

The CIA does the shit all the time, all on our tax money.

That was kind of off topic but it's been on my mind and i had to get it out there.

We have not assisnated anyone in quit a while. They actually took that power away for quit a long time.

A friend of mine has her 401k in Wachovia as well as the other employees and her boss proceded to tell her and all of her co-workers that their 401k is now gone and they where not getting any of their money back...... I told her that she needs to seek other employment if her boss was that big of an idiot.

WOW !!! Thats crazy to think you work x amounnt of years to get fucked! People gonna start offing themselves if this gets any worse!

I don't understand people who leave their 401k with their company and let them make choices on their money. Manage your own money in your own account through your own broker/trade firm like fidelity, chuck schwab, etc.

once again, stupid people lose.

most company 401k let you make choices as to where you allocate your money. Mine does, but right now the market as a whole is taking a beating, so you're bound to lose in the short term. If your that close to retirement and haven't moved your money out of the stock market, then you're just plain stupid.

there's plenty of money to be made right now, even in this shit storm.

i made $290 today.
$360 yesterday

just gotta know what you're doing.
and no, don't ask me. i don't know what i'm doing.
but i hear http://savingstalk.com does :)

word. Tons of money to be made. Great time to buy at all time lows.

Back