Walbro 400LPH and E85

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magana559

The Warden
Tell me about them? Anybody have them installed? Maybe a better pump for the price?

Im planning on making about 300whp to max of 350 with a high comp (13:1) with a 100 wet shot of nitrous. I had a 255 but it died while my car has been sitting for the last year and maybe down the line looking into a turbo setup.

Let me know what you know! thanks in advance!

What B said. My old car is well into the 400 range now and still running on the Walbro 255. Granted, you'll need volume of E85 to get there, but I can't imagine you'd run into any problems with the Walbro.

if you've got to replace it then see how much the next step up would be. I'd be more worried about injector duty cycle than pump. I'm sure you've got that covered based on your build....I glanced at it. E85 that bishhh and let her ride!

I'm just worried the 255 wont push enough fuel once the nitrous comes on.
I'm going to hit 100 shot and push 1000cc injectors.
I need to replace the 255 anyway and they are only $40 more.....sounds like I already knew my answer anyway.

Also my god pistons are expensive! I used to buy a set of arias for $400 to my door. Now I can't find my pistons less than $600.
When did this happen?? :eek:

yeah for 40 bucks you might as well do it. Also don't forget about fuel pressure regulator.

Its been said, but here are the numbers..

If Im not mistaken it takes 20% more E85 to make the same power as gas. You want 300 wheel horse. Twenty percent would be another 60 horse. So that gives you room.

It wont make a diff if your spraying or not. Fuel demands are the same for a given power level no matter how you get there.

Doin the math, Id say your safe with a 255, up to 400 horse. Thatll put you at an equivelant of 480 on gas.

sort of. from my understanding it burns 20-30% faster. not so much needed to make the actual power. seach around here for more info on E85 it's been covered many times. Also, you'll want to keep those rails and pressure pretty full of juice since that figure will come into play with fuel delivery. Either way, pump, regulator and rails. make sure those are stout and you should be fine.

What I want is consistency. When the nitrous goes on fuel pressure drops because of the demand of the injectors/fuel solenoid.
Plus it never hurts to have more room in case I go turbo.

it burns faster. it's higher octane so the combustion is mo betta. On my Sti I've got 2200cc and actually need to 'prime' it before starting it. let the pumps fill the rails or else it stutters for a bit.

with that pump you should have plenty of flow. I saw later you got the 1000cc so that's plenty big enough to keep you flowing. keep us posted!

Back