walking to work sucks :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

posol

RETIRED
well, this morning sucked :(

hatch was fine last night, drove it home like ever other day...

this morning, i go to start it...

wahh wahh wahhh wahhh wahhh.
fuck.

no cel. ok... nothing came unplugged.
check oil- fine.
1/2 tank of gas... cool.
thew on another battery i have from the sol.

fuck.

hit the starter, even though its not clicking-- its just not turning over...
tried again.
nothing.

pulled out plug #1. smells of gas, but not soaked- looks ok. wtf.

checked coolant. a little low. topped it off with a bottle of water i had as my beverage for work.

fuck.

called boss. told him i'm gonna be late....

have a cigarette. thinking about wtf could be wrong.

give up. I have no idea.

start walking the 4 miles into work....

get here, make this post, and still have no idea whats wrong with it.

cars suck :(

Damn your fallin off brian, "cars suck" :ph34r: . Nawi know how you feel and you ass havin to hoof it must suck, i mean not being as mall guy and all :D damn yo that sucks. Maybe mosture in the dizzy or wires or somethin. Is it still snowing in those parts?

it is dry out now, about 30 degrees last night. far from cold compared to what its been... i don't think it was a temp related factor...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 14 2005, 10:22 AM
it is dry out now, about 30 degrees last night. far from cold compared to what its been... i don't think it was a temp related factor...
[post=460613]Quoted post[/post]​

Main Relay?

Getting spark?

correct me if im wrong, but if it was the main relay, i would get a 'click' when i turn the key over, not a cranking. it cranks jsut like it always does... it just doesn't turn over.

i didn't test for spark... kinda impossible with only one person (can't turn the key and watch the arc at the same time...
its just odd that it was perfect last night when i drove home....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 14 2005, 09:56 AM

start walking the 4 miles into work....

get here, make this post, and still have no idea whats wrong with it.

cars suck :(
[post=460600]Quoted post[/post]​

Walk?? No bus man. Thats what I've been rocking since my ride got swiped.

i don't live in a city dude. we have 1 maybe 2 buses... and they pretty much just circle downtown. i live at the edge of town on the woods.... no busses... by the time i called a cab and it got to my house, i could have walked-- so i did.

besides, i need the exercise.

yeah, i don't even know what to check... no codes, got power, starters tuning, got fuel, pretty sure i got spark.. i dunno.

i guess when i get home, i'll swap the dizzy from the del sol's b16 onto the hatch's gsr...

i checked the starter ground already too- i forgot to post that. everything looks like its grounded properly.

other than that, i'm out of ideas.

damn man! and hey ive checked for spark on my own plenty of times! <_< place a spark plug on the valve cover, use a piece of tape to hold it down on the valve cover and have the electrode facing the drivers seat, crank and peak through the window :)

yeah that sounds like a spark issue brotha if ya smell fuel.. sounds like a flooding problem, maybe it will start tonight when ya go out, ive had so many cars do that on me at work. come in for a no start, sounds like its flooding, i just leave them for the morning and come inthe morning, and crank them...vroom vroom!

i dunno its hard to say why the hell it would do that alll of a sudden. but id be verifying sparky first!

you can kinda check for spark alone. Grab a screw driver, stick it in the spark plug boot, and have a half inch gap between the blade and some grounding point. Putting on the front radiator support works great because you can kinda see it from the gap between the bottom of the hood and the windsheild.

yeah, i'll figure it out.

if i don't, i'm going to get the sol on the road tonight.... with no exhaust or anything. :)

My moms del sol did this same shit the other day. Drove home perfectly fine and the next morning it wouldn't start. I pulled the dizzy cap off, everything looked decent, not wet. I noticed a LITTLE bit of corrosion, so I gave the rotor and cap points a little sanding and it started right up. It suprized the hell out of me that this was the problem.

replaced the entire dizzy last night (had another one in the garage)

bingo.

drove around for a little bit... fine.

went to bed

woke up this morning...

started right up.

half way to work, dead

got towed home, rode my bike to work.

something is frying something inside there..... and frankly, i don't have the time or the patince to deal with this shit anymore.

shes for sale. check the vehicle classfieds.

:ph34r:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 14 2005, 09:48 AM-->
correct me if im wrong, but if it was the main relay, i would get a 'click' when i turn the key over, not a cranking. it cranks jsut like it always does... it just doesn't turn over.

i didn't test for spark... kinda impossible with only one person (can't turn the key and watch the arc at the same time...
its just odd that it was perfect last night when i drove home....
[post=460632]Quoted post[/post]​

DelSlo
@Feb 14 2005, 12:17 PM
damn man! and hey ive checked for spark on my own plenty of times! <_< place a spark plug on the valve cover, use a piece of tape to hold it down on the valve cover and have the electrode facing the drivers seat, crank and peak through the window :)

yeah that sounds like a spark issue brotha if ya smell fuel.. sounds like a flooding problem, maybe it will start tonight when ya go out, ive had so many cars do that on me at work. come in for a no start, sounds like its flooding, i just leave them for the morning and come inthe morning, and crank them...vroom vroom!

i dunno its hard to say why the hell it would do that alll of a sudden. but id be verifying sparky first!
[post=460712]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r:
Thats why yall should have a one man starter kit. You put the key foward, connect the wires to the starter, then press the switch and boom cranks, on standard you have to have the clutch switch bypassed on manuals, then you see spark.

Kinda makes ya miss the 240.

Hey, if you need a loaner car.. I have em.

Maybe you shoulda bought the MR2 - It continues to pur like a kitten. Plus, I would see it around from time to time.

-> Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back