walmart going the way of kmart.... =(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Newspaper reports over the weekend said that Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) is going to stop selling guns at about 1,000 of its stores, which Cramer pointed out is a huge move to make for the largest seller of hunting firearms.

In those locations, the company will replace its rifles with home-exercise equipment, and Cramer believes that this is more evidence that baby boomers trying to stay fit is a way to make money.

I buy almost all my ammo there. sigh, I hope this doesnt effect the stores near me.

probably in teh areas where they dont sell enough guns to cover their costs of keeping them, smart move. They are just appealing to the surrounding demo.

we got rifles in our store, but no hand guns that i know of. i dont think they even sell ammo

no handguns around me either but NY is a bitch and a half to have a legal hand gun

they sell rifles and shotties here, and ammo...
satin black semi auto 12 gauge FTW!!!

Talk abotu paying ridiculous high prices for cheap quality firearms. I'll keep the sale local, thank you :)

I think this is a preemptive move to avoid being held liable for the idiot that decides to kill his wife with a gun he bought from walmart, as this seems to be the way congress is headed to allow the seller of the gun to be held liable. Any other reason is just mask what's really going on so you don't actually have an opinion on the subject and let congress and walmart do what they wish when they feel like it.

its most likely because the cost of stocking and keeping overhead is rediculous because in those stores i doubt they sell any.

I agree with the cost of stocking, I live in central NC and I dont see the wal-marts removing their gun section for any reason. Almost everybody I know has at least two rifles they bought from Wal-Mart.

exactly, and the places they are pulling the guns from are probably mostly middle to high middle class areas where the demo doesnt use guns, and use exercise equipment more.

touche'

Quoted post[/post]]
no handguns around me either but NY is a bitch and a half to have a legal hand gun

they sell rifles and shotties here, and ammo...
satin black semi auto 12 gauge FTW!!!
its the same in NJ. handguns require you to be 21 and do a bunch of paperwork and shit. rifles you need to be 18 and have cash. and theres a walmart here too, not sure if it sells guns but dick's does.....

wally world doesnt sell pistons, theres too much trouble to go thru to get one. in MD you have to have the statepolice do a background check on you. long guns on the other hand is a run your DL# and SS# give them cash and 10 mins later youre out the door.

Wallyworld has all kinds of ammo from 9mm .40 .45. 357. 12g 20g and so on.....

Talk abotu paying ridiculous high prices for cheap quality firearms. I'll keep the sale local, thank you
WTF are you talking about celerity? I think I paid $129 for my ruger 10/22. IMO not bad at all.

Quoted post[/post]]
I agree with the cost of stocking, I live in central NC and I dont see the wal-marts removing their gun section for any reason. Almost everybody I know has at least two rifles they bought from Wal-Mart.

:werd:, I purchased a Ruger 10/22 from them :ph34r:

Shit I thought I was the only person that calls it wally world. That's crazy. :)

Back