wanna build up my d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALEXBECK23

N/A boost=Turbo boost
hey i wanna build my d16z6 but dont really know what to do... or at least what i have to have done in order to turbocharged it and get ou of it around 270 whp...pelase need some advice thanks...

:search:

Seriously, a question this broadsweeping is pointless to post. Do some research then come back with questions about specific issues you're having.

i'll tell you what... i'll PM you my list of shit i threw into my d16z6. just gonna tell you right now there is no way to rock the stock bottom end... it will need to be built up for that many ponies.

PM sent.

ditto all over both the previous posts.
you are goiong to have to work to get over 250whp out of a d series.
it's going to leave you with a fast engine with a fair bit of turbo lag.

dear god yes... the turbo lag is fucking annoying. doesn't hit it's full potential till 3500-ish. that's with a ceramic ball bearing turbo. t3t04 hybrid baby!

want 270? buy my turbo kit. i just made 271 on a z6.

'want 270? buy my turbo kit. i just made 271 on a z6'

What kit do you have in your z6?:confused: how much have u spent in the complete build up(turbo kit+ re-build)??? :eek:

look at spending at least 5,000 to make the engine produce that many ponies RELIABLY. you don't want to build a car and stuff 5,000 into an engine to go fast and not have a reliable daily driver.

my car is 100% reliable. eagle rods and vitara pistons with rings $300 full turbo kit $1500, injetors 200, fuel pump 100, gasket kit 125 or so, oil, plugs, 40 for machine shop mill. so around 3k full reliable built motor over 300 hp with power stearing. dynod at 18 psi no at 25 psi so should be around 315 or so.

Just load some eagle rods and wiesco/JE pistons in... get a good sized turbo and a great tune (stand alone)! You'll get 270whp with no problems! I seen those numbers done on a fully stock block, but I'd beef up the bottom a little like I said! Good Luck!

Last edited:
look at spending at least 5,000 to make the engine produce that many ponies RELIABLY. you don't want to build a car and stuff 5,000 into an engine to go fast and not have a reliable daily driver.

uh,, ok you should not have to spend any where near 5000 dollers to make a z6 have 270 hp?

rods pistions great tune cam springs head studs 60 trim on about 15 lbs u will be easyly making 270 hp if not more.. seen it done and done it

Just load some eagle rods and wiesco/JE pistons in... get a good sized turbo and a great tune (stand alone)! You'll get 270whp with no problems! I seen those numbers done on a fully stock block, but I'd beef up the bottom a little like I said! Good Luck!

thank you some one who knows what there talking about

STFU n0ob!!!! aparently you haven't fully built a z6 with QUALITY parts. yeah, you can go and build a z6 with cheap ass parts and yeah you'll get to 270 but it WILL break down eventually because you decided to be a cheap ass. the estimate i gave was also including tuning labor and other labor for shit you can't do in your driveway. don't step into the d series motor info and try to act as if you know your shit, cause you aparently don't...

STFU n0ob!!!! aparently you haven't fully built a z6 with QUALITY parts. yeah, you can go and build a z6 with cheap ass parts and yeah you'll get to 270 but it WILL break down eventually because you decided to be a cheap ass. the estimate i gave was also including tuning labor and other labor for shit you can't do in your driveway. don't step into the d series motor info and try to act as if you know your shit, cause you aparently don't...

ha ok buddie. im not on this thread to start shit. its all about the tune.. i got a d16z6 on 12 lbs.. stock block mankin 230 hp to the WHEELS . upgraded fuel system chip ecu tuned with chrome
ported head
some other mods but no need to anounce the point is you can take a z6 and make it fast for cheap! yea yea u might think its going to last to long and i didnt eaither.. but i changed my oil every 2000 miles and my baby is still running.. so sorry u havent built a z6 to last 2 years but i have and im still rock'N the d

PS still runnin 12 lbs on this motor and its been 2 years ago when i did this build

dear god yes... the turbo lag is fucking annoying. doesn't hit it's full potential till 3500-ish. that's with a ceramic ball bearing turbo. t3t04 hybrid baby!
hey i heard you could help out with a cheip turbo z6 build hmu man

Back