wanna give me a second opinion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

isore

So hey guys... the story is a friend of a friend called me and wanted me to help him diagnose a problem with his dc2 integra, being that i also have one and have had to work on mine. So whats happening is if you don't shift spot on or dump the clutch a bit the car makes a pretty audible thunking noise, the owner of the car thinks that it may be the clutch engages extra-hard, but he's pretty sure its OEM so i was thinking it may be the engine mounts are past their prime. Also I noticed the shifter tugs forward, leading me to believe the engine is pulling on the linkage. I'm almost 100% sure its mounts but I thought I'd bring it to the experts before I told him to throw down $150 for some new mounts. So whatcha think?

sure sounds like the mounts. I've also had clucking noises and drivetrain movement when my control arms bushings were virtually worn away. A visual inspection of everything will tell you what's wrong.

Ahah thanks guys. he just bought the mounts. i'll check the bushings too. +reps and all that

Back