Wanna go faster No2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I am exploring inexpensive ways of going faster. I've only really heard bad things about "nos". Can someone with insight or experience give me some advice on getting "really big bottles no make it two"

yeah i was going to add until you go boom and then that new engine swap isnt going to be too cheap. Hey but it will give you that excuse to get that b18c5 youve always wanted.

What kinda of kit should I look into? What size bottle would be best? (and no I don't need them by tonight :D ) How much could a stock ls motor handle I do not wanna blow my sh@t up.

I don't know what you have, but WITH PROPER FUEL DELIVERY AND MANAGEMENT, I think you could probably put upwards of a 50 shot on a high CR motor.

Edit: get a wet kit.

bill had a CX with 165000 miles on it with a ZEX kit running a 55 shot and it was fine
he had the standard 10lb(?) bottle

Most kits come with a standard 10 pound bottle. The biggest part is to make sure you have enough fuel delivery for the nitrous you plan to run. I'd say start at the lowest shot that comes with the kit and go from there.

I have heard mixed things about wet vs. dry. Lots of people say dry kits are more likely to run lean. Then I hear people saying that wet kits will cause puddling in the intake manifold. I'd say ask people you know who have either kit and see what they have to say about it.

I am running a zex wet kit and I'm just running the 50 shot off it. Just make sure you take the time to properly tune it and you shouldn't have any issues. Nitrous isn't plug n play like most people think it is. If you just hook it up and go, you'll be sorry later.

Back