1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanna turbo or super charge b16

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by wisemansoji, Aug 31, 2003.

1. wisemansoji

wisemansoji Senior Member

I wanna turbo or super charge my B16. which would be better, and with what type of internals do I have to use so i won't blow the motor....is spoon internals a good way to go. i wanna get my b16 up to about 200whp.

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

Spoon internals with boost is the way to go...... if you want to blow your motor as fast as possible! Spoon stuff is for all-motor, not boost. It depends on what you want out of your car, for sc or turbo. If you want some nice off-idle torque to just get around then sc, or if you want more power get a turbo. Just depends on what you want to do. I prefer turbo over anything sooo i suggest turbo.

3. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

i found a turbo kit that is supposed to give a 56% hp increase. a stock B16 is supposed to be putting out 160hp and a 56% increase puts it a 249.6, but thats not to the wheels i think it should be close to 200whp. as for the spoon idea, i've found
    that race team parts come at race team prices.(at least with the mugen shit i've checked.)

Turbo Site: Turbo Discounters

Internal Site: Race Engineering

4. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Like typercivic said, it all depends on what you want out of it.

MOST turbo kits on a B16 will give you around 240-260 hp (if that) when correctly tuned.

However a vortech sc will give you 275 hp with everything included in a kit.

SC cost more, but turbo can be made more powerful (ie bigger turbo, more psi) but that takes more fine tuning and good internals.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if you want 200 whp, just get a jackson.

sisteve put 197 whp with a kamikazie header, thermal cat back and an ice man intake with the jackson

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted