Want 230whp what should I do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

matdelaney

I just bought a 1990 CRX with a sohc zc motor. I also bought a shell car with it. No motor or Transmission. I am wanting to use the zc car as a daily driver and start a project for the shell. I would like any info on the cheapest route to 230whp. If I could get some links or some info on some good places to purchase the parts too, that would be great.

^ What he said.

TUNE TUNE TUNE, its the most important part of the build. You could build a car for 230 whp and come out with less than you started with if your tune isnt right.

can anybody give me any good links to places where I can buy the correct components for a BIY turbo kit. I looked on ebay, and it all looks like cheap pieces of crap. And is there a list for all of the components big and small needed for a turbo kit.

eBay turbo kits are crap, you get what you pay for

i would look at threads on here related to what you want to do, then make a more thought out specific tread to find out detail

Plenty of us have turbo'd D-series engines, or almost turbo D-series engines.

Search for "Turbo Build" and you'll wind up with more than a few.

Check out Andrew's, Matt's, and mine to start with.

^^ Search and research. Its always the best starting point, just like awptickes said.

And there isn't a set "list of parts" for building a turbo'd car. Certain applications and wants require some parts that others do not.

Back