Want Info On Cheapest Way to Increase HP on 00 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JORDAN23RYAN

Asking help on the cheapest way to increase hp on my 00 dx.
i do not want to swap motors right now. i have cold air intake already and exhaust. ANYONE?

wont happen. there is no "cheap" way to increase hp on a dx.

sorry, your stuck with 112 ponies untill you can afford a swap or fi

do you realize that you wasted 1200 (or so) dollars on the intake and exhaust you bought for the dx?

whatever monetary amount you shelled out for your "mods" on your dx....you coulda theoretically had 1/3 of the money for a swap or fi

the only way to actually see a desent HP upgrade without doing a (motor swap), would be to swap a d16z6 and or d16y8 head swap, and get 96-00 ex ecu. there are othr ways to make power, but this would be the best to save on your pocket, but it isnt gonna be all that much greater, if your serious about being fast in a logical way, you have to do a swap.

the only way to do it, I know it because one of my did it, get your self some Nos, blow your D16 engine, (and that's fun) and then try to find some stupid fouls and sell it, and then buy yourself a B16, :) :)

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Feb 28 2004, 08:37 PM
2 bottles, by TONIGHT :D

and make sure you get the chrome bottles to, and put them where your passenger seat goes, oh yeah and get that little light for the purge spray to. but in all reality, if you want cheap power, get rid of your ac, power steering, all that crap. um, take off your exhaust you just bought and run open header if you don't have to worry about cops. about all you can do after that is work on weight reduction.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Feb 28 2004, 08:12 PM
the only way to actually see a desent HP upgrade without doing a (motor swap), would be to swap a d16z6 and or d16y8 swap, and get 96-00 ex ecu.

I know they may suck, but aren't they motors too? :blink:

Back