want new engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hoophype84

hello my favorite people, i come to u today with a heavy heart...i must first lead u into the story..1 week ago i got my car back after spending almost 4000 on body work only, 4 hours later..to hit road kill on the way to the miami HIN and messed up the front..today, my birthday, my car engine decided to die BUT im not going to cry...ive decided, instead of spending mad money to fix my engine..im just going to replace it...so goodbye SOHC...now..my question...which engine should i get for my 99 civic ex? and about how much do u think that particular engine would go for? my uncle can install it so installation isnt really a problem..any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Originally posted by driftmuch@Dec 22 2003, 09:13 PM
:mullet: it all depends what you want to spend but if it was my car i would go for a b16a2 civic si motor

I'd definitely say :werd: but you'd also need the tranny for any B series you drop into your EX.

B18B for now. decent power, cheaper, abondenet(sp). then when you get a little money ls/vtec. close to if not the same as a GSR if done right. AND its a stepped process, so you'll have a faster car that runs that you can later convert.

Back