1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want new engine

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hoophype84, Dec 22, 2003.

1. hoophype84

hoophype84 Junior Member

hello my favorite people, i come to u today with a heavy heart...i must first lead u into the story..1 week ago i got my car back after spending almost 4000 on body work only, 4 hours later..to hit road kill on the way to the miami HIN and messed up the front..today, my birthday, my car engine decided to die BUT im not going to cry...ive decided, instead of spending mad money to fix my engine..im just going to replace it...so goodbye SOHC...now..my question...which engine should i get for my 99 civic ex? and about how much do u think that particular engine would go for? my uncle can install it so installation isnt really a problem..any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

2. driftmuch

driftmuch Junior Member

:mullet: it all depends what you want to spend but if it was my car i would go for a b16a2 civic si motor

3. swanny

swanny Senior Member

4. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

i'll sell you an obd2 gsr longblockfor 1600, all you'll need is a tranny and ecu. it has many extras, email me mysticspiral540@aol.com

5. B18c5 Sol

B18c5 Sol Junior Member

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I would start with the GSR motor, good gearing, 1.8liters, and vtec YoOo.. :)

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I'd definitely say :werd: but you'd also need the tranny for any B series you drop into your EX.

8. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

B18B for now. decent power, cheaper, abondenet(sp). then when you get a little money ls/vtec. close to if not the same as a GSR if done right. AND its a stepped process, so you'll have a faster car that runs that you can later convert.

9. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

he will most likely want to change out the gearing if he is going all motor,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted