Want Opinion on Speakers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I worked at best buy longer enough to know that if you're going to spend $ on aftermarket don't buy pioneer, kenwood, rockford, or sony. Your better off with stock. Invest a lil and get a good set of mb quartz, apline, JL, or focal.

i have some type-s front speakers, and 3 jl W0 10's in teh trunk powered by a coustic 401se.. i can be heard 500-600 feet away :lol:

yeah, the bass, but the Type S speakers are pussy, i have them.

they are good for 100 bucks, but if you want highs that can be heard a block awat, you gotta get Infinity, Diamond Audio, or Focal componnents.

Are the Infinity Reference components good? I was thinking of the Kicker 6.2 Components. A little cheaper than the references and with good reviews.

I've used a lot of speakers in my day... and being good friends with a professional installer/competition dude, i've heard just about it all.

Out of all the high's I've heard, Inifiti Kappa component 6 1/2's are my favorite highs. I have 2 5x7 plate compnents (which is really a 4 and a 3/4 tweeter) kappas up front, and 2 reference 6 1/2 compnoest in the rear deck.

I run them off my kenwodd 25x4 rms deck, and its plenty of power for hearing them at diriving speeds with the windows down.

Out of all the subs I've heard and felt, Protek (or is it protech?) fucking own.
I had a fosgate 10 dvd power, and it hit hard, but i really wasn't impressed with it at all. just wasn't clean enough for rock, hit too tight for hiphop, but was great for techno.

And i think MUSIC choice is a huge factor in chosing a speaker. You want to find one that suits your listening tastes.

its just like tires. Slicks suck for turning. azenis suck for drag. you gotta fit the rubber to the application :)

Originally posted by nealo@Apr 9 2004, 01:09 AM
Are the Infinity Reference components good? I was thinking of the Kicker 6.2 Components. A little cheaper than the references and with good reviews.

the reference are good, the kappas are better, and the kappa perfects are awesome..........as far as infinity.

if you have subs, i highly recommend components, thats all there is. if not the bass will drown out all your highs. personal experience speaking here. my sentra had infinity reference components and if i was bumpin i got headaches from the highs, really balenced out the bass.

in my tegra i have a better sub setup and i wish i had components. the bass kills the highs out of my Type-S speakers.

BTW... Kicker sucks

Infinity Kappas are some of the best I have heard, outside of some of the high end German components. For the cost of them, very hard to beat. I myself use Phase Linear components, they sound really good, and aren't too expensive, but I don't know if they are availible in the states.

I use Infinity Reference 6" in all 4 corners of my Civ, with an Infinity BassLink 200watt trunk unit.

The CRX is all Clarion.

Those, right now, are my best bang for the buck options.

Notes: Fosgate sucks. They score lower in all categories at Acoustic Research labs in BOSE in Massachussetts. JL Audio is a re-named Pyle speaker.

-> Steve

Which one would you suggest, a set of Infinity Reference components up front, or a pair of Infinity Kappa 2-ways up front with some pioneer tweeters added on later?

Im using Kenwood Excelon KFC-XR601

SPEAKER FEATURES
- Black Co-Polymer Composite Basket
- Bridged Tweeter Support: Swivel, -5/+10 degrees
- DualMag Woofer Magnet Technology
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 70kHz
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Magnet Weight: 0.60 oz x 2
- Neodymium Tweeter Magnet
- Power Handling: 180 Watts
- Rubber Surround
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Speaker Connectors: Gold-Plated
- Tweeter: 1" HyperNyl Dome
- Woofer: 6-1/2" Pearl-Mica Injection-Molded Polypropylene Cone

They are really good. I love em. Real Clean and Clear

i run infiniti kappa 5.25" up front and pioneer 3way 6x9's in the back powered by a 50 watt by 4 channel alpine amp. 2 kenwood 10's powered by some 150Wx2 swap meet amp. alpine deck w/3preouts.

shizz is louder than this guy at my old work who spent $4k+ on his camry. he laughed when i told him my setup. he cried when he found out i spent $900 :lol: haha what a dumbass.

oh yeah.. ZERO fuckin distortion beeotch :middlefinger:

I have older rocksford component speakers(the ones with tweeters in the center) and the are nice, I also have older rocksford subs(3 10's) and for being like 5 years old they still hit hard.

and zapco amps--- :worthy: :thumbsup:

Subs ~ JL, JBL, or Alpine
Amps ~ US Amps, Zapco, or JL
Components ~ Alpine, JBL or Infinity
Deck ~ Alpine

Nough Said,
Brandon

P.S. ~ This is all for you SQ freaks...not for SPL applications of course

Perfect system is:

JL Audio Subs
Fosgate Amp
Alpine Deck
Speakers are a little tougher, I have heard a lot of different ones, and I do like Pioneer they make great products, Xplod sucks don't get those at all, haven't heard of Infinity, Kicker is pretty decent too, but I wouldn't buy more than two speakers, the tweeters with the subs sound fine, then again some music concentrate a lot on mid's so four wouldn't hurt. I would have to flip a coin between pioneer and Kicker, both, from my experience are awesome speakers.

SIDE NOTE: I have had my Omega Diesel amp for over a year now, the thing has never overheated and I play my music loud, the only problem I have ever had is a wire came loose and the light in the middle of the sub doesn't light up sometimes, but who cares, the thing still makes my subs hit.

lets see here, my perfect system....

id say PPI or McIntosh for the amps, Eclipse head unit and subs, and focal components. that is of course with unlimited funds. for more real world, i would say JBL amps, Eclipse, alpine or kenwood head unit, Eclipse Aluminum sub, and infinity components.

morel mids and highs, nakmichi source, ID or Infin subs. amps are US Amps Tube amps. bout the cleanest thing around. yay! i win.

Back