Want some opinions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cliff

i found a 95 2dr 5spd for 4700, didnt buy it yet, but thinking about it.

stock sohc w/ garrett t4 turbo. im all new to this forum so please leave some honest opinion.

the car has 65k miles on it and it has been sitting for maybe a year. its got all the goodies....turbo timer, boost retard, boost controller, air/fuel mixture controller.

the car is in pretty good condition.

so my question is this, how long do you think the engine will last with such a big turbo?
seller has said that the engine has been rebuilt and he has reciepts

is it worth the money?

any opinion will be nice

TIA
Cliff

Its hard to tell the shape of the engine without tearing it down. Simple checks would be a compression test, look at the exhaust to see if there is a color to it, check the spark plugs, drive it and see if there are any strange sounds coming from the engine. Is the engine stock? What kind of engine management system does he have (if there is any at all) In my opinion that turbo is ill suited for a d-series engine.

the engine was rebuilt, with some new internal parts. dont know what it is though. he drove it and i sat in it, the car wasnt making any strange noises, no strange smokes from the exhaust...he runs sotck ecu, he said the only thing he didnt get is hondata

a sohc with a t4?

pass on that. horrible setup.

Back