Want to be an electronic sweat-shop worker?

Would you do this job?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
I got this email today. Interesting. Would you do it?

Edited for posting publicly:
Good Day,
We offer a part time job on your computer.
Job Description:
We will provide you with the texts and you will correct the texts as an english speaking person and send them back to us. Just correct grammar and spell mistakes, nothing else.

Salary:
We don't have a fixed salary for this vacancy. We will pay you $7.00 for every 1Kb of the corrected text. You will get paid at the END of each month. Every month your salary will be different as it depends on your activity.
Example: If you correct about 5Kb of texts per day you will get over $1000.00 at the end of the month.
Requirements:
- Home computer, e-mail address and Microsoft Word
- Responsibility
To apply for job please send us the following information to:
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Phone number (home or cell, but SHOULD BE available any day time):
E-MAIL:
EDUCATION:
AVAILABLE HOUR TO WORK WITH US:
----------
As soon as we revise your aplication we will contact you within 24 hours.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.
Awaiting for your application.
With respect
XXXXXX XXXXX

No, I'm not recruiting. I'm just curious as to how many people would actually do this kind of thing. It's almost like those viral advertising companies that my brother just told me about. Too much work for too little if you ask me. (If it's even a real job, and not identity theft.)

Agreed too much work for too little.. Ask them to send you a sample of what they send out. Sounds like Nigerian scammers ;)

We will provide you with the texts and you will correct the texts as an english speaking person and send them back to us. Just correct grammar and spell mistakes, nothing else.
Are they looking for corrected texted as in text message speak or real english grammar Would be easy copy all text into word and run a spell check,. then send back. Using that method y0u could correct so much you could actually make some money..

1024 characters. This is assuming unicode. The standard conversion make that 1/2 a page, or 200 words.

It sounds like a good deal at first, but then you realize they'll give you 2mb of work, it doesn't sound like too good of a deal.

$1000 a month isn't worth waking up in the morning. Seriously.

Heck I do that for free online anyway, if it's legit I could see myself doing a few megs once in a while for some extra cash.

If you could just request some work when you're willing to do it instead of being locked down I'd be all over it.

Heck I do that for free online anyway, if it's legit I could see myself doing a few megs once in a while for some extra cash.

If you could just request some work when you're willing to do it instead of being locked down I'd be all over it.

You're a wiki nerd, aren't you?

facepalm1ve4.jpg

Are they looking for corrected texted as in text message speak or real english grammar Would be easy copy all text into word and run a spell check,. then send back. Using that method y0u could correct so much you could actually make some money..

That's why I would assume that it's a scam rather then anything legit...

No kidding. get 100mb of txt, grammer check, spell check, and send back. Thats mad cash in the bank.

Back