want to disable open door chime in CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dacheat

..is grounded.
didn't get any hits on a search for disabling the annoying open door chime...anyone able to paint me a picture with words as to what little wire (and where it lives) that i need to pull to shut my car up? :)

thx!!

there is a switch in the door jam that you can either tape down or short to prevent the chime. i dont know off hand where it is on the crx.

Personally I would just follow the beeping sound and hit it with a hammer a few times. I bugs the hell out of me. I may perhaps decide to finally locate it and disconnect it though.

I would not recommend disabling the thing in the door jam because it turns that light on and if you have an alarm it uses that to trigger the alarm on most of them.

good point...i haven't taken any action yet. however i think i qualify for a contortionist's license, as i worked under the dash/center console w/both doors closed. yeah i wish there were pics of it too ^_^

On my 88 Accord there was a gray box at the base of & behind the center console that made all the annoying noises and I unplugged it. Not sure if Honda did the same thing on your Rex.. but if so make sure the important beeps (like leaving the lights on) still work if that is important to you :)

Unfortunately in and CRX that I have owned, it never beeped if I left my headlights on. Then again, all it takes is once and you wont forget. At that point I was happy I drove a manual.

Trivia for you: Honda's "BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP" is "H" in morse code. 4 beeps and a pause.

stfu that's kinda awesome! i'm still gonna kill it. but maybe i'll miss it a little now, knowing it rocked for some reason.

not sure about the crx, but in my hatch, where the rearview mirror attaches at the headliner theres a box, has the seatbelt lights on it. thats where the ding comes from. just take it down and unplug it.

today is the day; i'll check that out and get back to ya. thanks, invisibled :)

ps i don't really think yer a wimp ass, but i do think yer scared of a girl that could kick your butt ;)

today is the day; i'll check that out and get back to ya. thanks, invisibled :)

ps i don't really think yer a wimp ass, but i do think yer scared of a girl that could kick your butt ;)

nope, wimp, yes. not afraid to admit it.

but as long as the girl is of my taste, id let her kick my ass all day long. S&M ftw! lol.

Trivia for you: Honda's "BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP" is "H" in morse code. 4 beeps and a pause.

If that's true, that's the neatest shit I've heard all week.

Open the door and where the door charm is follow the wire or cord to were it meat's and unplug it there your answer.

yeah....so here's where it really is:

behind the fuse box..
07_070.jpg

is a little grey box....
07_063.jpg

and inside that grey box is a lil board...
07_062.jpg

and on that board is a round black knobby thing that is the source of the door chime. pull it off and stomp on it a few times; reinstall the board in the grey box behind the fuse box and then you can rock your car without the door chimes :thumbsup:

Damn I was close :) That's the same box that was in my Accord, but I guess the didn't put it behind the center console in the Rex.

hehe finding the source for that thing was almost insane-making. b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep! b-b-b-beep!

:rawr:

:lol:

I like to leave the door open at work & drive people crazy with the beeping cause I can pretty much block it out now haha :)

just removed mine... thanks dacheat!! still have a ding when the car first starts, and i am looking now to disable my clutch - no - start bullpoop

Back