want to do fibergalss but dont know how, any help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rockhillhonda

i want to make a fiberglass center consoule and i was wandering if there are any web-sites out there that might help me in :unsure: starting to learn about it. thanks!!!!!!!!

There are books out there on how to work with fiberglass. Search on Amazon or eBay, pick one or five up and start reading. Get some fiberglass and start practicing. You will go through many sheets of fiberglass and hours of practice before getting anything right.

About the console, I believe you have to make it out of wood first, then use other substances/compounds to shape it into a desired shape.

Bleh. Watch Pimp My Ride! They do it like every other show.

ok here we go
step 1 build the desired shape out of wood, strach a layer of old tshirt, felt, flanel whatever you have staple and glue it up. when this is done it should look like the final shape just not hard yet
step 2 mix up some resin then coat the fabric in it, at the same time have a box of 6 inch ripped piece of mat and apply them until you have 3-4 layers.
step 3 once dry scuff it up the apply filler and sand then prime/shadow coat it, refill it, prime, glaze, sand then primer and sealer, paint

wait a week or two and i will build a box and take pics for you

Back