1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to do fibergalss but dont know how, any help?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by rockhillhonda, Dec 10, 2004.

1. rockhillhonda

rockhillhonda Junior Member

i want to make a fiberglass center consoule and i was wandering if there are any web-sites out there that might help me in :unsure: starting to learn about it. thanks!!!!!!!!

2. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

There are books out there on how to work with fiberglass. Search on Amazon or eBay, pick one or five up and start reading. Get some fiberglass and start practicing. You will go through many sheets of fiberglass and hours of practice before getting anything right.

About the console, I believe you have to make it out of wood first, then use other substances/compounds to shape it into a desired shape.

Bleh. Watch Pimp My Ride! They do it like every other show.

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

ok here we go
    step 1 build the desired shape out of wood, strach a layer of old tshirt, felt, flanel whatever you have staple and glue it up. when this is done it should look like the final shape just not hard yet
    step 2 mix up some resin then coat the fabric in it, at the same time have a box of 6 inch ripped piece of mat and apply them until you have 3-4 layers.
    step 3 once dry scuff it up the apply filler and sand then prime/shadow coat it, refill it, prime, glaze, sand then primer and sealer, paint

wait a week or two and i will build a box and take pics for you

4. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

he got to it first. sounds good. :withtupid:

5. cav_man95

cav_man95 Junior Member

hcivic.com hit it on the head. It takes a lot of time and patients. Practice makes perfect.

Thanks,
    Dan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted