1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to drop 2in which struts

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by burninriceinva, Jun 5, 2009.

1. burninriceinva

burninriceinva New Member

i have 91 crx with a ls/vtec. im going to use the progress b series swap springs and the drop is listed at 2in. i have a set kyb agx's and it is not recommended to go below 1.5 in. also since i put this motor in eibach pros and kyb struts easily bottom out. ride quality is not that important. any recommendations. thanks.

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Get extended top hats.

3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

did you cut your bumpstops? i cant imagine how you could bottom out so easily

ive been on kyb agxs at 2.25" drop for a long time with no problems whatsoever.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

KYB recommends not going lower than 2" on the AGX .. you'll be fine.. just set them to hard

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Sounds like you have a spring problem. Get firmer springs! Or stop offroading or whatever it is you're doing to bottom out the suspension. Also, did you cut the bump stops? They have 2 bulges, cut between the bulges to pretty much cut them in half, that will allow another inch of suspension travel. The AGXs should be fine.

Wow, I just read throught the thread after posting that. Repost. lol

6. burninriceinva

burninriceinva New Member

thanks for the info. yes the bump stops have been cut and the struts are as hard as they will get. when i have the problem of bottoming out is not driving necessarily the most of the time it is when i pull into or out of a drive way going slow. its like the front strut collapses and will not hold the weight. i figured it was the spring rate might be to low. the springs on now were not made for the extra weight of the b-series, also, i have a/c and my rather large body (6'4" 265) stuffed into it. that why i purchased the springs made for the swap. since this is now a second car for me to drive i was going to remove the a/c and other items to lighten the car and start going the track. so ill just change the spring and see what happens. thanks again.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted