Want to lower my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djSALIX

What is the cheapest way to lower my coupe?

Thanks for the replies, all links + information will be appreciated.

:werd: what kind of ride you looking to have? Rough/bumpy or soft /smooth? Cause if you want soft/smooth dont cut you springs. But it is the easiest. All you do is shorten the length of your stock springs but cutting them with a hack saw or other metal cutting tool.

:puke:

come on guy's...be nice. This poor kid would probably go cut his springs if we told him to ........ even though you did answer his question...it is the cheapest way.

K dude, the cheapest way to lower you car will be to buy a set of lowering springs. The Eibach pro kit or sportlines would do just fine. They will lower your car 1.25" (pro) to 1.8" (sport) and will maintain stock ride quality. They'll cost you about $150+- and will take around 0.5-0.75 Hours per shock to have them installed by a shop.

Any other questions, just ask.

how do these ricers find a forum based on engine swaps? do they actually know what one is?

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 19 2004, 12:12 PM
how do these ricers find a forum based on engine swaps? do they actually know what one is?
[post=419187]Quoted post[/post]​

Well let's see, I'm just getting into cars. I don't know much about suspension work. I have a 95 EG civic w/b18b1 fully built with all skunk2 parts (helps when you know people who work @ skunk2) that i just recently had put in. I just want to lower my car a bit without going crazy into suspension mods.

After more research I've decided to go with TEIN lowering springs, KYB/AGX gas shocks.

Yeah that is cool buddy that you want to get into hondas. It is cool until you realize hoq expensive it gets. :D But yeah or check out the setup i have and you might be impressed with it. Go with the tokicos and groundcontrol coilovers. I have a pillow soft ride . I just noticed this... :headsmash: . HOw phucking great is that.

hey, if your suspension is too soft, doesn't that effect the handling of your ride? i mean i would think it would, right?

Originally posted by djSALIX+Nov 19 2004, 04:28 PM-->
@Nov 19 2004, 12:12 PM
[post=419187]Quoted post[/post]​

Well let's see, I'm just getting into cars. I don't know much about suspension work. I have a 95 EG civic w/b18b1 fully built with all skunk2 parts (helps when you know people who work @ skunk2) that i just recently had put in. I just want to lower my car a bit without going crazy into suspension mods.

After more research I've decided to go with TEIN lowering springs, KYB/AGX gas shocks.
[post=419423]Quoted post[/post]​

That should work well for you. :thumbsup:

Back