want to swap b18a with b18b in 90teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22sleeper

I have a 90teg and it has a b18a and the bottom end is done. I have a crashed 98ls with a good b18b. I want pull it and put into my 90 what all do I need to do to convert my 90 ob0 to an ob2. I have the 98 complete with everything but the trans (its an automatic) which I assume I can use the 90 5sp on it? Could you guys help me out if you have done a similiar swap. I appreciate the help in advance..Thanks

I have a 90teg and it has a b18a and the bottom end is done. I have a crashed 98ls with a good b18b. I want pull it and put into my 90 what all do I need to do to convert my 90 ob0 to an ob2. I have the 98 complete with everything but the trans (its an automatic) which I assume I can use the 90 5sp on it? Could you guys help me out if you have done a similiar swap. I appreciate the help in advance..Thanks

All you need to do is swap all of your accessories from the old engine to the new one. Including distributor, complete manifolds, distributor. You may have to check out the fan switch it is located on the back of the b18a and screws into the block on the b18b it is located in the thermostat housing so you will have to hook it up there, no big deal though.

that sounds alot simplier than I was thinking...so I would assume I use the old 90teg computer and complete harness. Can I use the 90teg valve cover on the 98ls? The 98 was in a wreck and the cover was chipped/cracked. I know it looks a little different but will it work? Thanks for replying I was begining to have second thoughts before you posted. Take Care, Kris

that sounds alot simplier than I was thinking...so I would assume I use the old 90teg computer and complete harness. Can I use the 90teg valve cover on the 98ls? The 98 was in a wreck and the cover was chipped/cracked. I know it looks a little different but will it work? Thanks for replying I was begining to have second thoughts before you posted. Take Care, Kris

Yep, thats what you do. By swapping all of the accessories over it makes it plug and play. The valve cover will swap over too. The engines are basically identical in every way besides the electronics. The block, head, all of that stuff is the same.

Werd

It's That Simple Just Use Everything From The 90 It Will Plug Right Up 2 Ur 98 Ur Tranny Manifold Dizzy Everything Will Work (by The Way Hands On Expierence Is Good Get Some)

OK. SOO YOU SAY All you need to do is swap all of your accessories from the old engine to the new one. Including distributor, complete manifolds, distributor. WHAT HAPPEN IF YOU HAVE A B18A AND YOU WANT A REPLACE THAT ONE FOR A JDM B18B IS THIS TE SAME DEAL OR NOT

Back