Want to Turbo Si...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vanhoten

I am very close to purchasing a Turbo Kit from Turbonetics for my '99 Civic Si. The kit comes with basically everything that I need to bolt it on and run it safely-Hybrid T3/T4 turbo, IC, fuel injectors, wastegate, BOV, and a "Fuel / Timing controller". My questions: Does anyone know what this "Fuel / Timing controller" is capable of? Any problems/complaints about any of the components of the kit itself?
I was thinking of buying either a Hondata or S-AFC for fuel control instead... which one do you recommend? Do you think its safe to run 10 psi on all stock internals on a B16A? Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I'm not an expert on this sort of thing either but I am very cautious on not blowing my engine up and running it safely for many years, thanks.

yea both kits are good and all i know is if i were you i would go hondata s200 and get a licensed tuner to tune you up real good ,if you want to find out more why you should get hondata with boost option and talk to a well known licensed tuner in south florida let me know ill give you a url and let him know.

fmu = necessisty
vafc hack = better
uberdata = more better
hondata = even more better
fast/speed pro/defi/motec = best and a shit load of cash

Thanks for the info... I was checking out the s200. How exactly does it work... does it wire directly to the ECU or what? I saw that you basically pay for exactly what you want it to control... What are all the most important factors of tuning I need to control I.E.- air/fuel, timing, etc... THANK YOU! :spin:

hondata works by socketing the ecu to accept an EEEPROM chip, which can be written with the hondata unit to an exact program for your car, with boost tables included (with the boost option).

from there, that chip is written to and controlled by an external box about the size of 2 packs of cigarettes side to side or something..

you can't really control air.... but you can control the fuel going in with the air...
fuel and igntion timing are the 2 major factors that it tues

Man you are so full of it. You don't even own a civic and check out the new thread it is pretty good on turboing a stock motor. word :worthy:

Originally posted by steve92civic@May 3 2004, 06:35 PM
Man you are so full of it. You don't even own a civic and check out the new thread it is pretty good on turboing a stock motor. word :worthy:

...what???

Back