Want to upgrade radiator,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noobvang

Want to upgrade my radiator this year hopefuly. My mods are in my sig.

Got an 96 lx, would like to upgrade an oem part in to the car if easyer and cheaper. If not then i'll have to go aftermarket.

Heard someone said that DOCH delsol radiator would fit in and something about auto EX radiators will also fit.

Something about them being dual core radiators, this is the route that I am thinking about going. Are the inlets and outlets the same sizes as the B series units? Straight Swap?

Answers appriciated, Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the del sol VTEC is the only dual core of the civic line. It is the same size as the EX but the core is twice as thick and the top radiator neck is larger to better accommodate the larger diameter hose of the b-series engines. The EX's have a smaller top neck thus the need for a worm gear clamp or other such devise to squeeze the larger hose onto the smaller neck. Not the optimum way to do it. But I do agree with civiclx that if the money is available I would look at the fluidyne radiators.

EDIT: And as I re-read this post I remebered that the 99-00 Civic SI shared the same radiator as the del sol VTEC

c&r. there about 430 i think but they also come with an aftermarket fan. there the radiators used by nascar, and i know everyone hates nascar but they keep those cars cool for hours of turning left.

I have a C&R radiator. I have a Prelude tho, I like it. It looks good and they guys at C&R are real nice, they package the radiator perfectly too so you can have it in show condition.

Thanks for the replys guys. I might look into the SI radiator first for now.

you can ethier use a 99-00 civic si or a del sol they are both dual core will kool your engine good or if you dont have a/c hooked up you can do this way its up to you on price aftermarket little more expenseive and the stock a little cheaper but wont kool like a aftermarket hope this helps.

ya boy steveo

Back