1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by VTEC_CBR, Jun 10, 2008.

1. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

Official specs: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V makes 556 horsepower

[​IMG]
    We knew what to expect, but now the specifications for the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V are official. Its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 produces 556 horsepower at 6,100rpm and 551 pound-feet of torque at 3,800rpm. Cadillac claims the CTS-V sedan will go from 0-to-60mph in just 3.9 seconds and through the quarter mile in 12 seconds flat.

Top speed when equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission is limited to 175mph. Get the six-speed manual and you’re free to run all the way to 191mph. Looks like Lutz’s declaration that the CTS-V will put the BMW M5 on a trailer are right – at least according to Cadillac’s numbers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

[​IMG]

GM = :thumbsdown:

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

correct.. GM = :thumbsdown: .... but i'd drive it if it were given to me, i'd never buy it

4. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

Probably because you don't have $70k :ph34r:
    On a serious note, I'll agree with the GM= :thumbsdown: to an extent.
    Over the last several years they've began pulling their head out of their asses and are on an upswing. The Opel/Saturn line is quite nice, and the G8 is a hell of a car. Let's just hope it's marketed right and doesn't go the way of the GTO. But then again the GTO suffered from looking too much like a cavalier. Their interiors are progressing(which was always their weak point) and there's no doubt that they build a strong small block. Considering the last generation CTS-V was a hell of a car with the LS2, this new one with the LSA should be a monster. Fastest recorded time at the Ring for a sedan FTW.
    <~~~ Never owned a domestic, and never been a large GM fan, but I'm realistic. Also possibly a future G8 owner :D

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

of course not... if i did, i still wouldnt buy it.. there are many other cars i'd rather spend $70k on, a Cadillac isnt one of them

6. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

I'd rock it if someone else paid for it.

7. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Fuck your skylines, nigga.

8. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

I would much rather have a bottle fed Z51 C6.

Fuck navigation.

9. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

the new GTR's are running low 11's

-also a $70k car

10. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

If you can find one for that price, go for it if you have the means. But I doubt any will go for less than $100k for quite a while. IDK, I guess what I want out of a car has changed. Between this and a non Z06 C6, I'd have to take the V, and maybe the V over the Z06. I just want a large trunk, 4 doors, rwd, and some power. I obviously can't afford the V, which is why I'm entertaining the idea of a used '06 V or a new G8 GT for my next car.

11. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Sure it may have 56099764whp and do 850mph in 3 seconds, but its still a Cadillac - and will still not be able to match the build quality of a German or Italian car. It's a good deal, but driving a car like that isn't about finding a good deal. Give me $20k more and I'll rock an S6 thank you very much.

12. NissanNiNjA2nd

:bo:

13. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Well, build quality and reliability are two different things.As it sits I'd still prefer a German car over an American car. GM has come a long way, but spend 5 minutes inside a flagship Z06 and you realize that you might as well be traveling in a 550whp Cobalt.

14. NissanNiNjA2nd

You have no idea what you are talking about and I would hope you quiet yourself soon before you look like a complete dipshit.

15. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

All I can say is that going off of the current V, even if nothing changes, it's build quality is top notch. I've spent quite a bit of time in the current generation and it's a hell of a car. On a side note, I've heard that the chassis is so good on this, that they'll be using the rear end for the upcoming ZR1.
    First Ride: Burning rubber in the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V [w/VIDEO] - Autoblog

16. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Anytime somebody posts up a new high-end release, I just have to post the KTM X-Bow.

[​IMG]

17. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

I may end up looking like a complete dipshit, but I work on high-end German cars all day long, and I can say for a fact the Z06's interior is NOT on par with a $70k car.

Good day sir.

18. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Damn EG, you gonna take that sitting down ?

Where's your inner Cel ?

19. NissanNiNjA2nd

It is directly on par with a 70k car, because it is one gigantic dream of a vehicle that only someone who has a very small penis is going to own. Porsche, BMW, Benz.... I can keep going.

Anyone that wanted to really go that fast would just build something for a 1/10 of the cost.

20. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

so where is this mythical $7000.00 (car + mods) car that will do all that a Porsche, BMW, or Benz will do, with the same level of luxury and comfort that they do it with?????
    and dont give me some straight line shit box thats only able to do a quick 1/4 mile
    i want to see a $7,000.00 car that can out accelerate, out brake, out handle, and out comfort a Porsche, BMW, or Benz
    so the gutted ef hatch with the junkyard turbo setup... yeah thats not going to cut it

0-60 in about 4 seconds (+- .5)
    1/4 mile in about 13 seconds (+- .5)
    lateral acceleration 200ft skid pad of > .95g
    60-0 braking in < 120ft
    Speed through 700-ft slalom > 70mph
    top speed > 170mph

show me a $7,000.00 car that can do all of that and still has good ride quality, decent sound levels both in and out of the car, and a comfortable full interior with all of the options found in your average Porsche, BMW, or Benz

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted