Wanted decent short block for rebuilding my D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Angus

Hi, new to this forum and Hondas. I just got a '92 Civic EX givin to me buy one of my customers. I told him the motor was going, but he did not listen. The D16Z6 now has a large hole in the block. I have not removed it yet, but I am confident that I just need a short block. This must be a decent motor since it will run, the former owner just thought it was down on power and was burning oil, what a moron? Anyway anyone have a good rebuildable short block that will work for a stock daily driver? I have heard other blocks will work, but I am not building a high compression hot rod and do not want to buy high octane gas.

Trying to keep it cheap, Thanks

I have $100 picked up d15b7 block, you'd have to moving the pistons over to keep your displacement though. i am in central PA

i have a complet d16z6 moter and a d16y8 complet and one y8block

How much do you want for either? Will both work on my head and if so which one is cheaper. Sorry, trying to do this on a tight budget.

Thanks

Where are located? I have a perfectly fine D15B7 you can have for free if you pick it up. Motor is in Boston area.

I guess I should add that to my profile. I am in eastern Kansas, Kansas City.

give me 200 for the z6 vtec block it needs seals to be replaced give 300 for the y8 it work fine no probles if u use a non vtec block u get more power u could use a d15b7 with ur z6 ill sell you that block for 150

Last edited:
Back