WANTED!!! NEED B16A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NO! 92-95 were OBD 1. 96-98 were OBD 2A, and 99-00 is OBD 2B. The DOHC Vtec Del Sol is OBD 1! There were not any DOHC Vtec Civic in the US in 96-98. If you want to get an OBD 1/OBD 0 engine, you will have to add alot of parts from the 99-00 Si engine to make it work correctly without converting it to OBD1.

Quoted post[/post]]
NO! 92-95 were OBD 1. 96-98 were OBD 2A, and 99-00 is OBD 2B. The DOHC Vtec Del Sol is OBD 1! There were not any DOHC Vtec Civic in the US in 96-98. If you want to get an OBD 1/OBD 0 engine, you will have to add alot of parts from the 99-00 Si engine to make it work correctly without converting it to OBD1.

so once again whats the best motor to swap in there without switching over a crap load of stuff. many of you told me b16A3 would work without any mods.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

so once again whats the best motor to swap in there without switching over a crap load of stuff. many of you told me b16A3 would work without any mods.

I made the mistake of putting an OBD 1 engine in my 97 civic. I had to change the oil pump, distributor, bypass a couple of sensors, etc. to make it work with OBD 2. I still have a check engine light for a fuel pressure sensor, that I can not figure out for the life of me. I've replaced almost every part in the fuel system. I'm not saying it can't be done, but would have been alot easier if I had just gotten an OBD 2 engine, or swapped to OBD 1 in the first place. Sure you can use the B16A3. And regardless of what they're saying above, it is an OBD 1 engine.

read this: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29814. Told you...

so what is mine obd2? and what b16 will work without switching a bunch of crap. also can i buy a harness to switch stuff over

Back