wanted...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeinGirl

Hey everyone...
Missed you guys :wub: , sorry I havent posted in a while! Havent had time to do anything other than lurk around while working...

I finally purchased Bob's (xaero) '00 ex last friday.... Long story short... lets just say that it needs a new motor. I believe that I may just go with the original d16y8
if not I will be looking for a LS b18.

Please let me know if you guys have anything up for sale or know of anything at a "REASONABLE" price :shiny:

Also, I also have unused, still in the box, hasport mounts for a 96-00 H series swap if anyone is interested!

Hit me up!

If you want to boost on a budget, you can just get another Y8 and go for 250whp on the stock internals. It's pretty common now.

well, the search is still on... not sure what I want I am still in the pricing stage. I havent pulled the head off yet to see if it is still salvageable. I have so many possibilities right now its driving me insane. I am debating on whether or not to buy a b16 block Monday (feel free to insert an opinion) its a clean block ready for building and my buddys asking 350 for it. This is where the SI replica thought came across... then driving last night I was deep in thought and I was thinking hmmm maybe a b20??? not sure, I also priced a 98 b18 for 1600...
FEEDBACK PEOPLE COME ON!!!

Oh and if you guys know anyone in need of some Hasport H series mounts for a 96-00 SEND THEM MY WAY!

I WAS going to build and boost the d series until i threw a rod (through the block) but it is still in the cards if, I havent run across any d16y8s yet but who knows. I am going to figure out what machine shop it was taken to, go up there and have a talk with whomever "REBUILT" the motor, because it shouldnt have been even close to anything going wrong because Bob only had the car back for no more than 4 weeks before he passed away, thus leaving the car to sit for a little over 4 months. I checked and changed the oil before I even took it out. Not sure, how it went but I was on a ramp merging and I was in 4th (mind you, just cruising at like 3200rpm) and I go to shift into 5th as I merge onto the other hwy, the motor bogs down and I shut it down nhra style and I coast over to the shoulder just in time for smoke to bellow out. So I get out and see if theres oil of course theres a butt load all over the road ( I pray the whole way on the tow of shame back that it was just a head gasket) I get home and jack up the car where I can squeeze underneath to get a look, my heart freakin sinks into my stomach when I see the huge exit wound in the block =( What the heck made it chunk a rod like that?

There's not really much you can do to tell unless you rip it all apart. I'd look for some funny wear patterns on the bearings- that's my first hunch.

Heck yea that would be sweet! I met friends that came up to the dealership where I work, they were from Lubbock and they want to come up here and check out the scene sometime soon. Id totally be down too I have Fridays and Sundays off. That H22a4 he had is still sitting on his carport, it doesnt have a tranny for it... well... it does in a sense... but its an auto of course. Not really interested in the H swap but at this point Im still up in the air about what to go with. I kind of figured that I would more than likely go for the D series unless I can get a sweet deal on something else cause that would just put me a little bit closer on a NICE setup. Oh, and thanks for the refrences!!! =)

I'll actually be in the DFW area on 8/18 on business, but I won't be able to stick around for very long. I will definitely be dropping by Intercrew up in Garland before I head back to Lufkin.

Ive heard of that place but never been there. Ive got a buddy that just opened a shop in Garland Yea his car is stupid fast... last time I saw him run he was pushing 57lbs of boost and my other buddy in Haslet was pushing 58lbs. Im not sure what setup he has now but I know my friend from Haslets supposed to break a 9.8 in the 1/4 next time he busts out his super sexy dc2!

57psi sounds like jotech's civic...that thing was SICK!!!

Kenny Tran hes alright... doesnt work on his own cars anymore but still props to his team. I saw him run at the Import Showdown out at Ennis. I think that I have his signature from the NOPI that he voluntarily signed while I was checking out his setup. Just curious did any of you TX people make it down to HEATWAVE in Austin this past weekend?

Nope, didn't go to HeatWave.

Intercrew is a great shop! More innovative than Jotech, that's for sure. I wouldn't equate Kenny Tran's car's performance with stuff coming out of the shop, but that's just my personal opinion. I've met Kenny a few times, and he's a very cool guy. Good friends with Phillip, Intercrew's owner.

Back