Warning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by ripperbone+Sep 21 2005, 11:37 PM-->
the head makes me rethink about eating sushi :p
[post=558150]Quoted post[/post]​

it has NOTHING to do with sushi ot any type of food

snopes

Although the explanations quoted above are erroneous, these images are in fact real and undoctored, and they are indeed photographs taken of a patient whose brain surface was exposed and crawling with insects. The pictures date from October 2002, and they are photographs of a man in his 70s who was suffering from an unusual form of cancer which had eaten away at the upper portion of his skull and scalp but who had not sought any medical treatment because the condition was not causing him pain. The man was brought to the trauma center at Stanford University Hospital (where the photographs shown here were taken) by San Mateo County paramedics who had been summoned to the scene after the man was involved in a minor automobile accident and who found him in his car in the condition pictured.

gross pics? yes
food related? no

I'm glad ya'll cleared up the stories and the history behind these pics. Now I know what is and isn't true. Thanks everybody for your time and research. :lol:

the head doesnt really bother me as muchas the tit and finger thing.yeah fake but it looks so weird it could be real

WOW, that guy is going to scared forever, and if he thinks about eating sushi himself, ill fly over where he lives and slap hte hell put of him. hehehhehe.HAHAHAAHAHAH

do people even bother to read the responses????

THE FUCKING PIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUSHI
the sushi story was made up by some ass clown to get it to circulate around the internet
the picture is of a 70 year old man that had some type of cancer that ate away the top of his head.... it is completly unrelated to raw fish

even though taht boob thing is fake, it still gives me shivers everytime i think about it. not really the story, but just the image. :puke2:

and thank goodness about the sushi thing. i couldnt believe it because havent heard of anyone that got parasites from eating it. could happen, but never heard of it.

anyway, so are the bugs real? or just someone put them in there with the brain scattered?

reading > j00!!!1!

Originally posted by snopes
Although the explanations quoted above are erroneous, these images are in fact real and undoctored, and they are indeed photographs taken of a patient whose brain surface was exposed and crawling with insects. The pictures date from October 2002, and they are photographs of a man in his 70s who was suffering from an unusual form of cancer which had eaten away at the upper portion of his skull and scalp but who had not sought any medical treatment because the condition was not causing him pain. The man was brought to the trauma center at Stanford University Hospital (where the photographs shown here were taken) by San Mateo County paramedics who had been summoned to the scene after the man was involved in a minor automobile accident and who found him in his car in the condition pictured.

E, i don't think the bold is working.... lets try this:

THE BRAIN PIC WAS NOT CAUSED BY SUSHI. IT IS A CANCER. READ THE F'IN POST!!!!

but it says right above and i quote:

"they are indeed photographs taken of a patient whose brain surface was exposed and crawling with insects"

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 21 2005, 07:02 PM
It's not unheard of in Africa. It's called a "Sleeping illness" (from tonight's research on it) although I don't know why.

The tsetse fly and Tumbu fly (It's been a while since my insect disease pathology classes, forgive me) aren't interested in feeding from you, necessarily. The TseTse fly gives birth to one maggot. Which is nice. That one maggot matures inside the tsetse fly, and when it's ready to be released, the tsetse fly will inject your skin with a nerveagent (you won't feel a thing) and it will dig out a spot for the maggot, and drop it in. The Maggot eats you from the inside. tse tse is relatively painless.

Tumbu fly will, like a stinger, inject it's larvae into your skin, and the maggots mature inside of you. They stay in the body until they get about 2 mm long, and then go for the surface to leave you. It's there they will simply fall onto the ground (In an animal) or in a person, you'll pop em out like zits. This pictures is obviously an extreme case, and quite frankly I can't see how you could go so long without treatment of one sort or another.

The birthing area of your skin is usually about 3-6 cm's wide, and about that deep. Whereas TseTse flies eat your flesh, and chemically burn it to not grow back, the others will simply eat around and fall out - and you'll heal. I don't know about this woman healing though.
[post=558038]Quoted post[/post]​

so my question is where the fuck did celerity come up with this wacked out explanation of what the tit supposedly is infected with. im hoping he wasnt being serious

in the explaination it says that the brain WAS crawling with insects. the reason it was exposed was due to cancr, but how the insects got there wasnt explained. but snopes doesnt deny the presence of the insects.

most logical explaination is that flies were attracted to the region (exposed decaying flesh) and layed eggs in it. they guy wouldnt know unless he saw it. the brain has no pain receptors. he wouldnt feel a thing.

Oh no, that's true. It doesn't look like this, but it is out there. Myasis isn't "uncommon" way for insects to reproduce. Think "Aliens".

The pictures were photoshopped, and I stated "an extreme case" because I've never seen it look like that. Truth be told, that if the Tumbu or TseTse were to get you on the nipple, the pus and blood that comes out will gush. The holes in that woman, upon further inspection had no glandular appearance,

Whenever you see a story like this, where an injury has gone more than a day without treatment, Call "bullshit".

And if you think that Africa is a terrible place to live because of their wildlife, my cousin was in a coma for 4 months after getting stung by a honey bee in the armpit. It's where they get ya that counts.

And hook worms are totally real. You never see barefoot farmers anyway.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 22 2005, 05:08 PM-->
endlesszeal
@Sep 22 2005, 05:07 PM
but it says right above and i quote:

"they are indeed photographs taken of a patient whose brain surface was exposed and crawling with insects"
[post=558706]Quoted post[/post]​

which was PROVEN WRONG BY SNOPES, again, linked by e, discussed by e, and then re-quoted by E.

and damn, i posted too much today: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?act=Stats
[post=558707]Quoted post[/post]​

no B the pictures are 100% real
the brain matter is real
the bugs are real
the maggots are real
the eggs are real
etc

its just the story that is bullshit

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Sep 22 2005, 04:02 PM-->
reading > j00!!!1!

snopes

[post=558700]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF? I know it doesnt have anything to with sushi. it just says there was a guy with maggots in his brain but deosnt say if its a different picture. it just goes on to say about cancer. and i kno cancer doesnt involve man eating maggots. i always thought it was free radicial agents colliding with stable compounds.

or maybe my reading comprenhension just sucks.

I contend that the finger and nipple pics are fake. Again, if you peer into the breast there is a gland right ont he skin's surface - And that gland would be compomised.

The finger thing is unrealistic - Nothing can make animal cells develop "large" honeycombing. Only plant cells are capable of this.

The brain thing, sure.. it can be real. But not from food. even blood-bourne bacteria doesn't set up shop in the brain, before first shutting down other organs.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 22 2005, 04:17 PM
WTF? I know it doesnt have anything to with sushi. it just says there was a guy with maggots in his brain but deosnt say if its a different picture. it just goes on to say about cancer. and i kno cancer doesnt involve man eating maggots. i always thought it was free radicial agents colliding with stable compounds.

or maybe my reading comprenhension just sucks.
[post=558717]Quoted post[/post]​

The brain opened a lesion on the top of the skull. Chances are great that the man had no one around to say "Hey, Your brain is leaking", which I could also suppose to make him a shut-in or homeless and faceless. The open sores attracted bugs and then they laid maggots in there.

At least, it's likely that happened.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 22 2005, 05:13 PM
in the explaination it says that the brain WAS crawling with insects. the reason it was exposed was due to cancr, but how the insects got there wasnt explained. but snopes doesnt deny the presence of the insects.

most logical explaination is that flies were attracted to the region (exposed decaying flesh) and layed eggs in it. they guy wouldnt know unless he saw it. the brain has no pain receptors. he wouldnt feel a thing.
[post=558713]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah the cancer ate away the top of his head exposing everything so id immagine thats how the bugs got to it
it says the weird fucker never went to the hospital because it "didnt cause him any pain" :wtf2:
only ended up at the hospital because he was in a minor car accident

FUCK THAT

Back