Warning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the explanations are still skeptical. how long does it take a fly to crap about that many maggots?

i mean they said he was in a car accident. i cant believe it wouldve taken the paramedics more than 20 minutes to get to the scene. or maybe it was somewhere secluded and it took a while for someone to find him???

Originally posted by endlesszeal+Sep 22 2005, 05:17 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 22 2005, 04:02 PM
reading > j00!!!1!

snopes

Although the explanations quoted above are erroneous, these images are in fact real and undoctored, and they are indeed photographs taken of a patient whose brain surface was exposed and crawling with insects. The pictures date from October 2002, and they are photographs of a man in his 70s who was suffering from an unusual form of cancer which had eaten away at the upper portion of his skull and scalp but who had not sought any medical treatment because the condition was not causing him pain. The man was brought to the trauma center at Stanford University Hospital (where the photographs shown here were taken) by San Mateo County paramedics who had been summoned to the scene after the man was involved in a minor automobile accident and who found him in his car in the condition pictured.

[post=558700]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF? I know it doesnt have anything to with sushi. it just says there was a guy with maggots in his brain but deosnt say if its a different picture. it just goes on to say about cancer. and i kno cancer doesnt involve man eating maggots. i always thought it was free radicial agents colliding with stable compounds.

or maybe my reading comprenhension just sucks.
[post=558717]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry i only quoted the important part of what snopes had to say... the link was provided in an earlier post
here it is again
http://www.snopes.com/photos/maggots.asp
there you will find the pictures along with the explination, and another common story that is often circulated with the pictures

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 22 2005, 04:23 PM
Holy moly... how 53 posts go by so quickly. I'm gonna go cook, clean up, watch the Transporter or just m*sturbate for a while.

Hold all my calls.
[post=558724]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 22 2005, 05:25 PM
the explanations are still skeptical. how long does it take a fly to crap about that many maggots?

i mean they said he was in a car accident. i cant believe it wouldve taken the paramedics more than 20 minutes to get to the scene. or maybe it was somewhere secluded and it took a while for someone to find him???
[post=558726]Quoted post[/post]​

ok here ill draw a basic time line for you

guy gets some fucked up head cancer that eats away his scalp and skull
guy doesnt go to hospital "because he isnt in any pain"
brain matter is exposed
retard still doesnt go to hospital
bugs get at it and start laying eggs and shit
guy STILL doesnt go to hospital
all sorts of fucked up shit on the guys head at this point
guy STILL doesnt go to the hospital
guy gets in a MINOR car accident
paramedics bring his stupid ass to the hospital
pictures are taken

Christ, this thread has completely drowned in stupidity.

Insects don't give birth to Maggots - Except the TseTse fly. Maggots are too large.

They birth out thousands of eggs, which are very small. Those eggs go to pupa as Maggots, then finally go to fly stage (Caterpillars have an extended pupa stage, or they add a stage in)

The TseTse "lays" one egg, which stays int he Tse Tse fly's abdomonen until it finds an animal to implant it. When it finds an animal to implant it, the maggot wiggles out of the Fly's body and into it's new world. It has an egg cycle, but the first time it's out in the open is it's second stage of maturation.

Back