warped rotors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I gonna buy some new rotors for my 99 SIR, is there any brand or kind I should get. What is beter crossed drilled or slotted, is Brembo worth the price?

brembo is defintely worth the price, but I'm sure there are other rotors you could spend less on and get the same performance.

I'm going to wait until I can afford the kit from fastbrakes with 11.75" Front rotors and 11" rears, Wilwood 4 piston calipers, and I'm going to put some Hawk pads on them.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 14 2004, 10:02 PM
brembo is defintely worth the price, but I'm sure there are other rotors you could spend less on and get the same performance.
[post=432257]Quoted post[/post]​

Just get powerslot's.. . . . they do exactly the same to enhance your breaking as brembo blanks do (which is nothing). . . and they look way better.

run GOOD pads and dont bother with any of the slotted or crossdrilled (waste of money bling) bullshit

ive been running Brembo blanks and Hawk HP+ pads for over a year with several track days and autoX days, and a whole shitload of very spirited driving and i have yet to have a single complaint..... they have never faded on me they have never glazed they have never failed me in any way

cross drilled / slotted = waste of money "dAmN y0! l00k h0w fAsT mY bRaKes l00k!!!!" :bash:

I guess that I should add that the Brembo Blanks on my Si and GS-R are matched with Porterfield R4S pads. I autocross in these cars and take them on mountain twisties very happily.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 14 2004, 11:41 PM
run GOOD pads and dont bother with any of the slotted or crossdrilled (waste of money bling) bullshit

[post=432318]Quoted post[/post]​

I think he's replacing the rotors cause they are warped.

E, how come you hate the powerslots so much? The do the same thing as brembo blanks but they look better.

at least in my area, i am the only honda owner with powerslots . . . maybe its different where you are from (ct?).

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Dec 15 2004, 12:31 PM
E, how come you hate the powerslots so much? The do the same thing as brembo blanks but they look better.

at least in my area, i am the only honda owner with powerslots . . . maybe its different where you are from (ct?).
[post=432561]Quoted post[/post]​

Who the f--- cares what they look like? You keep bringing up how the Powerslots look better and now that you are the only Honda owner with Powerslots in your area. I think that E and I were more concerned with the performance aspect of them. And they seem not to be prone to warpage and are structurally strong. Do some searches on this forum about brake rotors. This has been discussed a lot on this board. Slotted and cross drilled aren't necessarily the best kind to get.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 15 2004, 12:39 PM
I think that E and I were more concerned with the performance aspect of them.
[post=432565]Quoted post[/post]​

. .. which = 0

Powerslots, Brembo's whaterver -> they wont do ANYTHIG to enhance your braking ability.

Thats why i got the cooler lookin ones lol.

Material quality and uniformity during the casting process have a LOT to do with braking ability.

The material quality of the brembo is far greater than that of some off the shelf auto-zone rotors. I've had mine on my car for a month or so and no signs of glazing or surface rusting at all.

sloted and cross drilled rotor do nothing for braking..... this was used in the 50-80's because the brake pad material would get hot and make a thin layer of gas between the rotor and pad...."new brake pads" dont have that problem any more... i would save my $$$ and buy the fastbrakes kit or something else that actually gives you bigger rotors and bigger and nicer calipers( if you actually have that much horsepower) to need that much stoping power

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 15 2004, 02:15 PM
Material quality and uniformity during the casting process have a LOT to do with braking ability.
[post=432622]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, and honda's stock rotors have been casted as well as brembo's, powerslots, etc.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Dec 15 2004, 05:12 PM-->
@Dec 15 2004, 02:15 PM
[post=432622]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, and honda's stock rotors have been casted as well as brembo's, powerslots, etc.
[post=432705]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd have to disagree, my stock oem replacement rotors warped everytime after an auto-x, and my brembo's under very hard braking and puttin them to the test of auto-x driving haven't exhibited any such warping as I have experienced with the oem rotors.

Originally posted by ^crx^@Dec 15 2004, 06:20 PM
revolution8k: what car do you have? and where can you but 11" rear kit with 4pot wilwood?
[post=432756]Quoted post[/post]​

Fastbrakes.com

Wilwood also has a kit. Google is your freind.

That's true too Cal, I neglected to mention that.

BTW... nfn had some drilled Brembos explode on him at Sebring years ago. He sent them back to Brembo, but they refused to take responsibility for it. Said that it looked like the damage was due to impact... but it wasn't.

Back